Please “like” us on Facebook
- iCademy Global
- Las Hueallas
- Innocademy Allegan
- iCademy Robotics Team #5927
Congratulations to Caleb A. for his winning game, Dungeon Lore, as voted on by all of the students visiting the Protege Studios Game Release Party last week! Way to go, Caleb!
Congratulations also to Eshwar and Hannah R. for winning and placing as our first runner up in the annual Spelling Bee at Homestead Campus! Wow! What a battle to determine our champion! Congratulations to all of our class representatives for making it to the bee. Eshwar and Hannah will go on to compete in our Ottawa County Regional Bee in February. The winner of that bee will participate in the Grand Rapids Bee held at the Gerald R. Ford Museum. Winner of the Grand Rapids Bee will represent West Michigan in Washington, D.C.! Good luck, Friends!
Mark Your Calendars, Please!
- Thursday, January 26th – 5:30-8:30pm – Barton Intervention Tutor Training at Homestead Campus. See details, below
- Friday, January 27th – iCademy Ski Club Day! Join us at Bittersweet
- Friday, February 3rd – All Pizza/Subs Fundraising Orders Due
- Tuesday, February 7th – iCademy Ski Club Day! Join us at Bittersweet
- Wednesday, February 8th – State of Michigan Count Day
- Friday, Feb 10th – Teacher Professional Development Day – No Synergy Session
- Monday, Feb 13th – Friday, Feb 17th – iCademy Break Week
- Tuesday, February 21st – iCademy Ski Club Day! Join us at Bittersweet
- Tuesday, February 21st – Pizza/Sub Fundraiser item pick up – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, March 2nd – 4pm iCademy Ski Club EVENING! Join us at Bittersweet!
- Saturday, March 4th – Kid To Kid Sale
- Thursday, March 16th and Friday, March 17th – Teacher Professional Development Days – Campus Closed – No Synergy Session
- Friday, March 31st – Friday, April 7th – iCademy Spring Break Week
- April 11th – 8th/9th Graders take PSAT Testing – 11th graders take SAT test
- April 12th – 10th Graders take PSAT test – 11th graders take SAT Work Keys test
- April 19th 20th & 27th – 5th graders to take M-STEP Test
- April 24th-28th – 11th Graders to take M-STEP test
- May 3rd and 4th– 3rd/4th graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 9th, 10th and 11th – 6th graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 12th, 13th and 18th – 8th Graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 10th and Thursday, May 11th – Campus Closed at 12pm – Tulip Time
- Thursday, May 11th – 4th graders to take M-STEP Test
- Friday, May 12th,
- Tuesday, May 16th – Thursday, May 25th – Capstone Trip to Dublin, London & Paris!
- May 16th, 17th & 18th – 7th graders to take the M-STEP Test
- Monday, June 5th – iCademy Graduation
- Thursday, June 15th – End of Semester. ALL ASSIGNMENTS DUE AT 11:59PM (MIDNIGHT).
NEW INFO FOR THIS WEEK…
Live Lesson & Onsite Schedule – SEMESTER 2
Pizza/Sub Sale Fundraiser Opportunity
Information has been shared with students eligible to travel this year regarding a pizza/sub sale fundraiser if they are interested in adding to their field trip accounts. If you have younger students – or your student is not traveling this year, but you wish to participate, anyway, PLEASE DO! You can simply use the information and order forms, below
All fundraiser orders and payment are due to your student’s classroom teacher or Mr. Derek (for iCad middle/high school students) on Friday, February 3, along with a single check made out to Innocademy. Pick-up will be Tuesday, February 21 from 3:30-5:00.
Are You A Middle Schooler? Interested in Robotics?
Our Homestead Campus Robotics Team #5927 is NOW OPEN TO ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS! Come join the fun!
Find out more, here! robotics-is-for-you
Please contact Mr. Chad with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Barton Tutor Training Opportunity!
We are SO excited to be able to offer another Barton Intervention Tutor Training for anyone interested in helping out students achieve their learning goals!
What’s Barton Intervention? We are working on screening students at Innocademy and iCademy Global for strengths and challenges in the area of Phonemic Awareness… the fundamentals of reading. Simply put, Barton Intervention is a complete program created to help strengthen these foundations:
Thursday, January 26th from 5:30-8:00pm here at Homestead Campus.
Can’t make it, personally, but know someone (college student, favorite babysitter, grandparent, family friend) who would love to spend a couple of hours each week working one on one with one of our students? Send them over! We have LOTS of students on the list just waiting for tutors to be available.
Is YOUR student already receiving tutoring…and you just know that working with them one on one wouldn’t go over so well, but you’d love to help another student? We have parents in that situation and would love to help orchestrate a “swap”; you tutor my kid and I will tutor yours =).
Training is FREE!
Thank you, in advance, for supporting this important program for our students! Questions or RSVP for training, please contact email@example.com
iCademy School Calendar 2017-2018
Many of you are already making plans for next year! Love the proactivity! We are currently working on the calendar for 2017-2018 and hope to release it, soon. Thank you!
Total Trek Quest for Homestead Campus – 3rd – 5th Grade Boys – IT’S HERE! See Below for Registration Details
Look for registration information on the spring season of TTQ to come home the first week in January. The spring season will start the last week of February and will end with the Tulip Time 5K on May 6.
Total Trek Quest is a 9 week experiential learning program for boys in 3rd through 5th grades. It combines the physical activity of training for a 5K run with a curriculum that focuses on learning to make goals, building strong social bonds and making healthy choices. The training for the 5k includes strength and stretching exercises along with a program that gradually increases time spent running. The curriculum activities focus primarily on building relationships, setting goals, and making healthy choices. Teams meet after school twice a week for the 9 week season. Teams consist of 5-15 boys with at least 2 adult coaches.
We are also looking for coaches! Coaches can be men or women; we are looking for a positive attitude and a passion for helping kids reach their full potential. You do not need to be an experienced runner! Ideally, we want at least 2 coaches per 15 boys on a team. If you are interested in coaching, contact Vicki Kavanaugh at 616-396-2301 ext 149 for more information.
REMINDER: Inclement Weather Notifications – How We Let You Know Campus Is Closed:
As a general rule, Precademy, Innocademy and iCademy Global will follow decisions made by officials at Zeeland Public Schools. Decisions are usually made no later than 6:30am and notifications sent immediately. In the event that weather makes it necessary for us to delay or cancel school and campus events for the day, notifications will be sent by email, posted on Facebook, WOOD TV8 and WZZM Channel 13. If you are in question, please check these outlets prior to sending students to campus.
iCademy Ski Club News
Now that the snow has arrived the iCademy Ski Club is starting. Many of you have purchased passes and we are so excited to hit the slopes. Below are dates we plan to meet at Bittersweet as a group.
Where: Bittersweet Ski Resort – Otsego
- January 27
- February 7
- February 21
The resort opens at 10am and you can stay as long as you would like!
On March 2, we plan to do an evening family outing. We will plan to arrive around 4pm.
Couple of other reminders:
· Don’t forget to have your Ski Pass with you!
· Ms. Holly will have a table reserved in the Cafeteria with an iCademy Sign and some cookies.
· You can ski/snowboard as long as you would like.
If you haven’t purchased a pass yet, there is still time. You can email Ms Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mandatory Testing Dates at iCademy
Please mark your calendars for the following dates. icademy-assessment-calendar-2017
Fundraising Note From Our International Team – Sign Up, Now To Participate and Earn Funds!
We are going to be offering a bake sale to 3rd – 8th grade students as another opportunity to earn money toward student field trip accounts! Families with more than one student may sign each student up for their own week. You will be able to sell baked goods in the RE:FUEL coffee shop for the entire week you are signed up!
Also, please see the attached document for our year-long student fundraising plan.
4th and 5th Graders Ski for FREE this year!
Check out the link below for more detail about the program and how to register your skier!
Have You Signed Up Yet, For Scrip?
Scrip is a GREAT way to earn $$ for your student’s field trip account! With the holidays coming up, it’s a fantastic way to pick up those thank you gift cards for the never ending list of folks! Scrip info can be found at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/what-is-scrip . Please contact Jody at email@example.com to sign up for inno or icademy or if you have questions.