Huge congratulations to Ms. Deedee and her husband, Mr. Derek, on the birth of their beautiful daughter, Everly on Sunday, January 29th. Baby Everly weighed in at 6lbs. Everyone is doing great!
Please “like” us on Facebook
- iCademy Global
- Las Hueallas
- Innocademy Allegan
- iCademy Robotics Team #5927
Mark Your Calendars, Please!
- Monday, February 6th – PSAT/SAT Parent/Student Virtual Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Tuesday, February 7th – iCademy Ski Club Day! Join us at Bittersweet
- Wednesday, February 8th – State of Michigan Count Day
- Friday, Feb 10th – Teacher Professional Development Day – No Synergy Session
- Monday, Feb 13th – Friday, Feb 17th – iCademy Break Week
- Tuesday, February 21st – iCademy Ski Club Day! Join us at Bittersweet
- Tuesday, February 21st – Pizza/Sub Fundraiser item pick up – 3:30-5pm
- Thursday, February 23rd – Synergy Session at Charlie’s Dump (Rosewood Soccer Bowl)
- Thursday, March 2nd – 4pm iCademy Ski Club EVENING! Join us at Bittersweet!
- Saturday, March 4th – Kid To Kid Sale
- Thursday, March 16th and Friday, March 17th – Teacher Professional Development Days – Campus Closed – No Synergy Session
- Friday, March 31st – Friday, April 7th – iCademy Spring Break Week
- April 11th – 8th/9th Graders take PSAT Testing – 11th graders take SAT test
- Tuesday, April 11th – RE:FUEL Closed due to State Testing
- April 12th – 10th Graders take PSAT test – 11th graders take SAT Work Keys test
- April 19th 20th & 27th – 5th graders to take M-STEP Test
- April 24th-28th – 11th Graders to take M-STEP test
- May 3rd and 4th– 3rd/4th graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 9th, 10th and 11th – 6th graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 12th, 13th and 18th – 8th Graders to take M-STEP Test
- May 10th and Thursday, May 11th – Campus Closed at 12pm – Tulip Time
- Thursday, May 11th – 4th graders to take M-STEP Test
- Friday, May 12th,
- Tuesday, May 16th – Thursday, May 25th – Capstone Trip to Dublin, London & Paris!
- May 16th, 17th & 18th – 7th graders to take the M-STEP Test
- Monday, June 5th – iCademy Graduation
- Thursday, June 15th – End of Semester. ALL ASSIGNMENTS DUE AT 11:59PM (MIDNIGHT).
NEW INFO FOR THIS WEEK…
IMPORTANT: PSAT/SAT Parent/Student Virtual Meeting Monday @ 6:30pm
Just a reminder there will be a virtual parent meeting for 9th-12th graders and their parents on Monday, February 6th @ 6:30pm. Please click on the link to the High School Virtual Office to attend. Important information regarding SAT/PSAT testing will be shared. Thank you!
State of Michigan Count Day This Wednesday, Feb 8th
Please make every effort to have your student log into EACH of their classes for at least 3 minutes on Wednesday, February 8th. Thank you for your help in securing appropriate funding for each of our students at iCademy Global.
Last week, students began taking the Winter MAPs test. They will have a Reading, Math and Science MAPs to complete before our February break. If your child still has a MAPs test to complete, please check with their mentor or teacher to plan on scheduling a MAPs session!
February Lunch Menu
News from “Plugged In”…formerly “Devos”
Wow, what a great year morning devotions at pluggedIN have been so far. Thank you for bringing your students before school starts for a chance to learn, pray, and build each other up in Christ. Many stories have been shared about the great things being learned and the fun that is happening. The number of students attending has grown significantly and we are looking for a few hands to help with “crowd control”. If you feel you are able to assist for a morning, or more, to help coral listening ears to our parent-teachers, please sign up through the link below. If you find yourself dropping your students off and have a couple of extra minutes to join our children at pluggedIN, please do and don’t forget to thank our great volunteers! Thanks for considering helping out and thanks for letting us get to know your children, they are a joy!
“A Little Princess” Coming To A Stage Near YOU!
We are so excited to announce that our Innocademy and iCademy Global students have been working hard on their spring production of “A Little Princess” by Vera Morrisa dapted from Frances Hodgson Burnett’s “Sara Crewe”. This awesome production is being directed by Tess Kotecki. Performances will be March 23, 24, & 25 at 7:30pm. Look for ticket information coming soon!!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Portal Information for Creating Infinite Campus Accounts
With our student information system, Infinite Campus, we have the ability for parents/guardians to create a Parent Portal account. A Parent Portal account allows you to access your child’s information stored in our student information system; it allows you to submit demographic updates (ie., cell phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact information) and it enables a process for email communication.
Many of you have already activated your accounts, so if you have please disregard this e-mail, but please continue to check your account.
To create your account, select this link:https://ottawami.infinitecampus.org/campus/unique-link/W49RB6GUMQSXEQWA?appName=icademyglobal
Please note, this link will expire on , 02/11/2017
It is important that you create your Parent Portal account prior to this date. If your link expires you will need a new URL link in order to create your account.
In order to utilize the mobile app, go to the App store on your mobile device and search for “Campus Portal”. You will be asked for a District ID, which is JQPFBT,
If you are unable to do this or if you have any questions, please contact Amy Harbison at 616- 239-2100 ext 108 or email her at email@example.com
Synergy Session – February 23rd
On Thursday, February 23rd we will be having a synergy session at Charlie’s Dump (Rosewood Soccer Bowl) in Jenison. From 4:00 – 5:30 all K-12 students can enjoy sledding and hot chocolate. Transportation will not be provided. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org!
OLD INFO (In case you haven’t seen it, yet)…
Love Kids? Looking for A Part Time Job?
Looking for someone who is available on Tuesday mornings from 9:45-11:15. (for the months of February, March and April) It would be hanging out with 4-7 kids (3-5 years old).This is a paid position. Please call Kim if you are interested or know of someone that might be. 616-283-6354
OKAY2SAY has been a great resource for Michigan. Kids can call in about bullying, human trafficking, etc. and it’s anonymous. Find out more information in the Newsletter, below:
Live Lesson & Onsite Schedule – SEMESTER 2
Are You A Middle Schooler? Interested in Robotics?
Our Homestead Campus Robotics Team #5927 is NOW OPEN TO ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS! Come join the fun!
Find out more, here! robotics-is-for-you
Please contact Mr. Chad with any questions email@example.com
iCademy School Calendar 2017-2018
Many of you are already making plans for next year! Love the proactivity! We are currently working on the calendar for 2017-2018 and hope to release it, soon. Thank you!
REMINDER: Inclement Weather Notifications – How We Let You Know Campus Is Closed:
As a general rule, Precademy, Innocademy and iCademy Global will follow decisions made by officials at Zeeland Public Schools. Decisions are usually made no later than 6:30am and notifications sent immediately. In the event that weather makes it necessary for us to delay or cancel school and campus events for the day, notifications will be sent by email, posted on Facebook, WOOD TV8 and WZZM Channel 13. If you are in question, please check these outlets prior to sending students to campus.
iCademy Ski Club News
Now that the snow has arrived the iCademy Ski Club is starting. Many of you have purchased passes and we are so excited to hit the slopes. Below are dates we plan to meet at Bittersweet as a group.
Where: Bittersweet Ski Resort – Otsego
- February 7
- February 21
The resort opens at 10am and you can stay as long as you would like!
On March 2, we plan to do an evening family outing. We will plan to arrive around 4pm.
Couple of other reminders:
· Don’t forget to have your Ski Pass with you!
· Ms. Holly will have a table reserved in the Cafeteria with an iCademy Sign and some cookies.
· You can ski/snowboard as long as you would like.
If you haven’t purchased a pass yet, there is still time. You can email Ms Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mandatory Testing Dates at iCademy
Please mark your calendars for the following dates. icademy-assessment-calendar-2017
Fundraising Note From Our International Team – Sign Up, Now To Participate and Earn Funds!
We are going to be offering a bake sale to 3rd – 8th grade students as another opportunity to earn money toward student field trip accounts! Families with more than one student may sign each student up for their own week. You will be able to sell baked goods in the RE:FUEL coffee shop for the entire week you are signed up!
Also, please see the attached document for our year-long student fundraising plan.
4th and 5th Graders Ski for FREE this year!
Check out the link below for more detail about the program and how to register your skier!
Have You Signed Up Yet, For Scrip?
Scrip is a GREAT way to earn $$ for your student’s field trip account! With the holidays coming up, it’s a fantastic way to pick up those thank you gift cards for the never ending list of folks! Scrip info can be found at https://www.shopwithscrip.com/what-is-scrip . Please contact Jody at email@example.com to sign up for inno or icademy or if you have questions.