Reminder – No Live Lessons on Wednesday due to conferences.
If you have not already signed up for Fall Conferences, please do so, asap at the links, below:
Huge thank you to Carolyn Fitzgerald, Marie Getz and Kate Nguyen for organizing and setting up the Book Fair this week for our students! It’s going to be fantastic!
Such a FANTASTIC day at Art Prize! Thanks to those who were able to join – – and chaperones!
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- October 9th – 12th – Book Fair Week!
- October 11th/12th – Student/Parent/Teacher Virtual Conferences
- October 12th – Inno Roots Meeting – 9:15am
- October 13-22 – iCademy Break Week – No School
- October 23 – School Resumes – Marketplace Business Plans Due!
- October 27th – Online Book Orders Due
- October 26th – Barton Tutor Training Workshop – 6:00-8:30pm
- November 8th – 10th – Homestead Campus Marketplace – Info to come home this week!
- December 8th & 9th – Fair Trade Market at Homestead Campus
- June 10th – 16th – Middle School East Coast Trip with Innocademy
NEW Info For This Week!
Book Fair – This Week!
Take a peek at the awesome books coming to the Fair this week! http://bookfairsfiles.scholastic.com/flippingbooks/F17-K6-booklist/F17-K6-booklist.html
Inno Roots Meeting
Homestead Campus MarketPlace Is Back!
Homestead Campus Marketplace is a fantastic opportunity for kiddos to earn money for their field experience accounts! Students in 3rd grade and above may participate by filling out the forms found here: 2017 Marketplace Business Plan. All business plans and reservations are due on OCTOBER 23RD. Please take a peek at the pdf for all of the details, timeframe and FAQs. Looking forward to a great event November 8th – 10th!
Can’t Make It To The Book Fair, But Would Like To Order Books?
Scholastic Book Orders:
Class Code – JGGC6
Order Due Date – 10/27/17
At iCademy Global, we want to grow life long readers! When children choose their own books to read for pleasure, they enjoy reading more and spend more time doing it. The more your child reads, the better they will do in school and in life.
Scholastic Book Clubs are available to us online! So regardless of your location you can order Just Right Books for your reader! YAHOO! Online flyers are made for you and your child to shop for books your child will love to read. Each month, the flyers are filled with trusted, excellent quality, age-appropriate books chosen by Scholastic for prices as low as one dollar. Plus you will be helping our class when you order: Scholastic matches each order you place with FREE BOOKS for our classroom to share.
How to order:
1. Go online to: scholastic.com/newparent
2. Look up Mellissa.Zoerhof Or enter Class Code: JGGC6
3. Follow the instructions to place your order online by: October 27th
Reminder – Hand 2 Hand Still Available
Homestead Campus is again participating with a program called “Hand2Hand”. This program provides supplemental weekend food and snacks for families. Should you decide to participate, your child will receive a bag full of food items, on Thursdays, that may be eaten over the weekend by your family. There is no cost to participate. Keep in mind this program is intended to come alongside families who could really use the help. If you are not in need of this type of assistance right now please refrain from signing up so we can maximize our resources for those families who would benefit from this.
Individual families can decide how long or short a period of time they would like to participate. If you sign up for Hand2Hand, then down the road you no longer need the assistance, simply write a note expressing your desire to discontinue receiving Hand2Hand food bags. You may bring the note right to the front desk or give to the child’s teacher. This opportunity is being provided through the H2H Hope Gathering Area Pantry, Vertical Church, Community Ref Church and Faith Ref Church.
To participate, you can fill out the form here and return to the front desk:
Interested in Middle School Sports through I.E.S.?
Reminder to participate in any middle school or high school event in the state of Michigan is required to follow MHSAA regulations. All students must have a physical on file at Homestead Campus to practice and to participate in events. See attached files for necessary forms. Mr. Andy also has paper copies ready at school.
- Physical – Needs to be completed by Physician and is good until July 31, 2018.
- Important Information – Medical Information in case of emergencies.
- Sports Eligibility form – Students are completing their academic course load and will have grade checks to make sure that they are academically eligible to participate.
- Concussion Awareness form – Document that explains concussions and the potential risks of athletics.
- Corpus Christi Consent form – Giving the consent that your child is allowed to participate in this sport.
- $60 check – Made out to Corpus Christi to cover costs of uniforms, officials, coaches, and tournament entry fees.
*If you played a Fall sport we have your information on file and you just need to turn in the $60 check.
Girls Volleyball (5/6) Team
- We need to finalize our roster!
- As of right now, we will start practice Monday, October 16 and practice Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4:00-5:30. Coach Deur will confirm this by Friday.
- If you have not already supplied the information to Mr. Owens that he asked for (Birthday, Shirt Size, Phone #, Parent Name(s) and Home Address, please do so. Also, make sure that the necessary paperwork is filled out for your respective school.
Boys and Girls Basketball teams (5/6 and 7/8)
- Practices will start in December with first competitions taking place in January.
- Please let us know if your child is interested before November 17 and have forms turned into Mr. Kelly as we need this information to determine how many teams, practice schedules, jerseys, and coaches.
- Once we have the number of students interested we will work on creating all of practice and event schedules to get to parents.
- Do you love to smile? Do you have lots of energy and excitement? Do you want to be part of an amazing team? If you said yes to these questions, then you are you ready to be a Corpus Christi cheerleader!
- We are bringing back the school cheerleading team… Hip Hip Hooray! We will be cheering at the boys home basketball games this winter (January/February time frame – exact game dates are not yet known).
- Practices will be at school on Wednesday’s from 3:45-5:00, starting November 1st.
- If you are interested, please get in touch with Mindi DeSanctis at email@example.com or 786-4985. Looking forward to a great cheer season -Mindi
IF you are in need of any of these forms from above, please contact Mr. Andy!
Fair Trade Market – Volunteers Needed!
Do you want to learn more about Fair Trade or are already a supporter? Are you passionate about telling the community what is special about our schools? Then you are a perfect volunteer for the Fair Trade Fair. Volunteer opportunities are available for any amount of time, and from school or from home. Please call or text Rivka Hodgkinson 616-965-5514 to learn more.
Navigator Scouts at Homestead Campus
Maybe you have heard about our new Navigators scouting troop? Navigators is a parent-led organization that is similar to boy scouts or girl scouts, and is all-inclusive. Designed for kids ages 5-11 (though younger children can come with parents, and older children can be involved in leadership opportunities), we work to earn badges, learn skills, and focus on community involvement and service. If you want to get your family involved in this special opportunity, please attend our parent meeting October 26 at 6:30pm in the Cafe. You can ask questions, get to see our calendar for the year, and learn more about this great organization. Any questions call Josh Hodgkinson 989-550-2107 after 6pm or email Chapter175@NavigatorsUSA.org
DisABILITY Awareness Month…
Transitioning Students To Life After High School
OLD Info…In Case You Missed It =)
October Lunch Menu
Daycare Staff – Help Wanted!
We are looking for someone to join our Daycare Team. This position would work 8:30 – 4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays (there may be opportunity to sub on other days on an as-needed basis). Generally speaking, the staff daycare is ope on days school is in session as well as staff Professional Development days.
The Daycare team provides care to our staff’s children. The kids range from 12 weeks old to 5 years old. Providing a nurturing environment for these little ones while mom/dad is working is the key to this role. Responsibilities include caring for kids, feeding them, bringing them outside for playtime, etc.
Please email Sara in Human Resources if you are interested in more information on this position – her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Homestead Campus & Corpus Christi Sports Schedules
Come on out and support our teams! What fun! Also, we are still looking for a volleyball coach. If you know an interested parent or community member, please have them contact email@example.com . Short season…4/5 games.
Second Tutor Training Opportunity – October 26th
We are working to be able to screen our students at iCademy Global and Innocademy for their strengths in phonemic awareness. These are the fundamentals of reading. We are finding students who are in need of some support beyond what can be offered each day in the classroom.
We have the resources – Barton Intervention is a complete, research based program proven to strengthen these foundations!
We have the FREE training!
WE NEED YOU!!
SO excited to be able to offer a Barton Intervention Tutor Training for anyone interested in helping our students achieve their learning goals! Absolutely no experience necessary!
October 26th from 6-8:30pm
Can’t make it, personally, but know someone (college student, favorite babysitter, grandparent, family friend) who would love to spend a couple of hours each week working one on one with one of our students? Send them over! We have LOTS of students on the list just waiting for tutors to be available.
Whatever time you can offer during the week would be so appreciated! 1 hour, 2 hours or even more!
Training is FREE!
Please simply RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend.
Thank you, in advance, for supporting this important program and our students.
Tulip Time Dancing for 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Students!
Weather Delays/Closed Campus
When Mother Nature decides to make travel to campus dangerous we may find it necessary to cancel or delay on site options for that day. We determine morning cancellations based on Zeeland Public Schools; If they are closed due to weather, our campus will be closed. If they delay due to weather, we will delay. GREAT news, though! Since we are an online school, students can continue their learning at home for any days where we experience a delay or closing of campus. All due dates are still in effect. If campus is closed, we will notify you by the following methods:
- Email to parents
- Facebook post
- WZZM 13
- iCademy group text message through Rained Out (sign up for this service by texing “icademy” to 84483. You will receive a message back saying you are signed up. Please contact Leisa if you have trouble email@example.com)
In the event of a 2 hour delay, campus will be open at 11am. On these days, there will only be a HOT lunch choice for the day as Ms. Rosie won’t have time to prepare both choices..
Have You Accessed Your Parent/Observer Account?
Each parent/guardian should have a parent/observer account associated with your student. If you do not have one, please email Deedee at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can set one up for you. If you aren’t sure, simply go to this link: https://icademy.ems.connexus.com/ and enter your firstname.lastname as the username and password will be #iCademy17.
Why Do You Need A Parent/Observer Account?
This is the primary way that your child’s teacher will communicate with you and makes it easy for you to connect with them on questions. It’s also the place you will look for general communications from your grade teams. This account also helps you clearly see what your student needs to do and has already completed. If you have questions, please contact your child’s mentor or teacher.
Amazon Smile – Help iCademy While You Shop! =)
Did you know that Amazon Smile works EXACTLY the same as Amazon.com? Only, while making your purchase, a percentage of the sales gets donated to our schools! What?! Soooo easy to sign up! Simply go to amazonsmile.com and select Innovative Education Services as the organization you would like to support. It’s that easy! Each time you wish to make a purchase on amazon, simply go to amazonsmile.com instead.
Virtual Office Links!
Middle School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: MSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
High School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: HSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
Everyone, Please Read – Free/Reduced Lunch Applications.
Each year iCademy Global receives additional funding based on our family population that may qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. Seems funny for an online school, I know, but it’s the truth! This additional funding works out to be a HUGE budget line item for us.
We are in danger of foregoing some funding this year simply because we have fewer families that have filled out the application. EEEK!!
We need your help! Even if you think you won’t qualify, or your kiddos might never even take hot lunch, PLEASE take a moment and fill out the CONFIDENTIAL online form. Every little bit helps our schools! Just go to lunchapp.com….search for our school through Holland Christian (they are our hot lunch provider).
You will be notified if you qualify and you can then decide if you would like to participate if/when your students are ever on campus.
Thank you, in advance, for your help in securing extra funding for our students and programs.
Earn $$ For Trips – Sign Up For Scrip!
To being, please check out the information at shopwithscrip.com, you should then be able to create an account with our organization ID. Please email Leisa at email@example.com for the code.
There is tons of info – – and even an app where you can do some cool instant scrip earning while shopping and eating out!
Once you have filled out the information, please also email Ms. Jody at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can help you with a plan to receive your gift cards….sending them home with your student or picking them up on campus each time.
School Calendar for 2017-2018
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year, beginning August 7th!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com