Reminder that students are not dressing up on Tuesday if they are spending time at RE:FUEL. We wish your family a safe and fun evening.
Thanks to everyone who purchased books during our Fall Book Fair. Our schools earned $2,616.38 to purchase new books for our libraries!! So exciting!
Middle School Science and High School Biology Students visited Innotec wetland areas to do some water and soil sampling last week with Mr. Reid and Mr. Andy.
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- October 23 – Marketplace Business Plans Due!
- October 26th – 3:45pm – SCRIP Information Meeting in Orange Room at Innocademy.
- October 26th – Barton Tutor Training Workshop – 6:00-8:30pm
- October 27th – Online Book Orders Due
- November 8th – 10th – Homestead Campus Marketplace – Info to come home this week!
- December 8th & 9th – Fair Trade Market at Homestead Campus
- June 10th – 16th – Middle School East Coast Trip with Innocademy
NEW Info For This Week!
November Lunch Menu
FilmRaiser – “Wonder”! Scrip Shoppers earn an additional 4% =)
We have a unique opportunity to raise funds for Precademy/Innocademy/iCademy Global—as Lionsgate and Wonder are donating $1.00 per movie ticket to our cause. Please help us by spreading the word to see the film opening weekend (Nov 17-19). Tickets are on sale now. For sales to count: Get tickets at Filmraiser.com/tickets. Select Precademy/Innocademy/iCademy Global—and you will checkout via Fandango.
Please share this information with friends and family near and far! Anyone who purchases a ticket during opening weekend using this information….ALL ACROSS THE UNITED STATES will be donating $1! How awesome is that?!
OLD Info…In Case You Missed It =)
SCRIP Update from Ms. Jody!
You have heard of Scrip over the last little bit. You may know it is an ongoing fundraiser where you order gift cards to all your favorite stores to be used on future purchases. You order it for $25, get a $25 card and also earn a small amount, 2-15%, towards your kiddos’ field trip accounts. What you may not realize is how beneficial this opportunity is for you and your family. We compared Scrip to our most popular fundraiser, our sub and pizza sale in the spring. Here are the numbers:
# of participating families
Avg per family
Scrip (one year of earnings)
Pizza & Sub Sale
As an example, if you are family with a Blue Room kiddo, their entire trip to Mackinac/LSSU this coming year could be paid for if you use Scrip to pay your everyday expenses like groceries, gas and clothing. It’s easy to join and simple to use!
If you want to start taking advantage of this easy way to earn money for your kiddos accounts, please send Ms. Jody an email at email@example.com for our school enrollment code or make plans to attend an info meeting on Thursday 10/26 @ 3:45pm in the Orange Room at Innocademy.
Interested in Middle School Sports through I.E.S.?
Reminder to participate in any middle school or high school event in the state of Michigan is required to follow MHSAA regulations. All students must have a physical on file at Homestead Campus to practice and to participate in events. See attached files for necessary forms. Mr. Andy also has paper copies ready at school.
- Physical – Needs to be completed by Physician and is good until July 31, 2018.
- Important Information – Medical Information in case of emergencies.
- Sports Eligibility form – Students are completing their academic course load and will have grade checks to make sure that they are academically eligible to participate.
- Concussion Awareness form – Document that explains concussions and the potential risks of athletics.
- Corpus Christi Consent form – Giving the consent that your child is allowed to participate in this sport.
- $60 check – Made out to Corpus Christi to cover costs of uniforms, officials, coaches, and tournament entry fees.
*If you played a Fall sport we have your information on file and you just need to turn in the $60 check.
Girls Volleyball (5/6) Team
- We need to finalize our roster!
- As of right now, we will start practice Monday, October 16 and practice Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 4:00-5:30. Coach Deur will confirm this by Friday.
- If you have not already supplied the information to Mr. Owens that he asked for (Birthday, Shirt Size, Phone #, Parent Name(s) and Home Address, please do so. Also, make sure that the necessary paperwork is filled out for your respective school.
Boys and Girls Basketball teams (5/6 and 7/8)
- Practices will start in December with first competitions taking place in January.
- Please let us know if your child is interested before November 17 and have forms turned into Mr. Kelly as we need this information to determine how many teams, practice schedules, jerseys, and coaches.
- Once we have the number of students interested we will work on creating all of practice and event schedules to get to parents.
- Do you love to smile? Do you have lots of energy and excitement? Do you want to be part of an amazing team? If you said yes to these questions, then you are you ready to be a Corpus Christi cheerleader!
- We are bringing back the school cheerleading team… Hip Hip Hooray! We will be cheering at the boys home basketball games this winter (January/February time frame – exact game dates are not yet known).
- Practices will be at school on Wednesday’s from 3:45-5:00, starting November 1st.
- If you are interested, please get in touch with Mindi DeSanctis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-4985. Looking forward to a great cheer season -Mindi
IF you are in need of any of these forms from above, please contact Mr. Andy!
Fair Trade Market – Volunteers Needed!
Do you want to learn more about Fair Trade or are already a supporter? Are you passionate about telling the community what is special about our schools? Then you are a perfect volunteer for the Fair Trade Fair. Volunteer opportunities are available for any amount of time, and from school or from home. Please call or text Rivka Hodgkinson 616-965-5514 to learn more.
Transitioning Students Opportunity!
Tulip Time Dancing for 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Students!
Weather Delays/Closed Campus
When Mother Nature decides to make travel to campus dangerous we may find it necessary to cancel or delay on site options for that day. We determine morning cancellations based on Zeeland Public Schools; If they are closed due to weather, our campus will be closed. If they delay due to weather, we will delay. GREAT news, though! Since we are an online school, students can continue their learning at home for any days where we experience a delay or closing of campus. All due dates are still in effect. If campus is closed, we will notify you by the following methods:
- Email to parents
- Facebook post
- WZZM 13
- iCademy group text message through Rained Out (sign up for this service by texing “icademy” to 84483. You will receive a message back saying you are signed up. Please contact Leisa if you have trouble email@example.com)
In the event of a 2 hour delay, campus will be open at 11am. On these days, there will only be a HOT lunch choice for the day as Ms. Rosie won’t have time to prepare both choices..
Have You Accessed Your Parent/Observer Account?
Each parent/guardian should have a parent/observer account associated with your student. If you do not have one, please email Deedee at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can set one up for you. If you aren’t sure, simply go to this link: https://icademy.ems.connexus.com/ and enter your firstname.lastname as the username and password will be #iCademy17.
Why Do You Need A Parent/Observer Account?
This is the primary way that your child’s teacher will communicate with you and makes it easy for you to connect with them on questions. It’s also the place you will look for general communications from your grade teams. This account also helps you clearly see what your student needs to do and has already completed. If you have questions, please contact your child’s mentor or teacher.
Amazon Smile – Help iCademy While You Shop! =)
Did you know that Amazon Smile works EXACTLY the same as Amazon.com? Only, while making your purchase, a percentage of the sales gets donated to our schools! What?! Soooo easy to sign up! Simply go to amazonsmile.com and select Innovative Education Services as the organization you would like to support. It’s that easy! Each time you wish to make a purchase on amazon, simply go to amazonsmile.com instead.
Virtual Office Links!
Middle School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: MSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
High School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: HSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
Everyone, Please Read – Free/Reduced Lunch Applications.
Each year iCademy Global receives additional funding based on our family population that may qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. Seems funny for an online school, I know, but it’s the truth! This additional funding works out to be a HUGE budget line item for us.
We are in danger of foregoing some funding this year simply because we have fewer families that have filled out the application. EEEK!!
We need your help! Even if you think you won’t qualify, or your kiddos might never even take hot lunch, PLEASE take a moment and fill out the CONFIDENTIAL online form. Every little bit helps our schools! Just go to lunchapp.com….search for our school through Holland Christian (they are our hot lunch provider).
You will be notified if you qualify and you can then decide if you would like to participate if/when your students are ever on campus.
Thank you, in advance, for your help in securing extra funding for our students and programs.
Earn $$ For Trips – Sign Up For Scrip!
To being, please check out the information at shopwithscrip.com, you should then be able to create an account with our organization ID. Please email Leisa at email@example.com for the code.
There is tons of info – – and even an app where you can do some cool instant scrip earning while shopping and eating out!
Once you have filled out the information, please also email Ms. Jody at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can help you with a plan to receive your gift cards….sending them home with your student or picking them up on campus each time.
School Calendar for 2017-2018
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year, beginning August 7th!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com