Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- March 19th – 6pm – iCademy Virtual Parent Meeting
- March 27th – 29th – Book Fair
- March 30th – April 8th – Spring Break Week – No School
- Monday, April 9th – School Resumes
- Tuesday, April 10th – PSAT Testing – 9th Grade/SAT Testing – 11th Grade
- Tuesday, April 10th – RE:FUEL Closed due to State Testing
- Wednesday, April 11th – PSAT Testing – 10th Grade/ACT & M-STEP – 11th Grade
- Wednesday, April 11th – No 6th – 12th Grade Live Lessons due to State Testing
- May 9th & May 10th – 1/2 Day for Tulip Time – ReFUEL Closed/Students Dismissed at 12:30pm
- May 20th – 25th – High School Backpacking Adventure to Pennsylvania!
- Friday, May 25th – Professional Development Day – No School
- May 28th – June 3rd – iCademy Break Week – No School
- June 4th – School Resumes
- June 8th, 15th, 22nd – Enjoy Fridays – No School!
- June 10th – 16th – Middle School East Coast Trip with Innocademy
- August 2nd – Orientation for 2018-2019 School Year!
NEW Info For This Week!
JOIN US TONIGHT – Virtual Parent Meeting – March 19th @ 6pm
Join us in High School Virtual Office TONIGHT, Monday, March 19th @ 6pm for a Virtual Parent Meeting. Look for an email today that contains the link – – or for high school folks, you can access it from the link on your student’s computer =).
Scholastic Book Fair – Next Week!
Can You Help With Housing Leads?
A former iCademy Family will be in the United States from July 3rd – August 27th and is looking for some temporary housing in the Holland/Zeeland area. They are a family of 6 with the youngest child being about 9 years old. If you know of anything that might be a fit for them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of anything that might be available. Thank you.
High School State Testing
- PSAT April 10 morning
- PSAT April 11 morning
- SAT April 10
- ACT April 11
- M-Step Sci/Soc. Studies – April 11th after ACT – We will provide a pizza lunch! (this afternoon is the only date/time that is optional. If kids wish, they are welcome to come back for the M-STEP testing during the window for 11th graders; April 9th – May 4th.)
Due to testing there will be No REFUEL on April 10th and no Live Lessons on April 11th.
OLD Info…In Case You Missed It =)
Pizza/Sub Fundraiser Launch
We are so excited to launch the Pizza and sub sale! Forms are available on campus or electronically. Below is some general information to help us successfully launch this fundraiser.
- Order forms (see below) are due Friday, March 23rd
- A single check can be made our to Innocademy with the total from all pizza and sub orders
- Sub sandwiches will be at Homestead Campus for pick up on April 12th from 3:30-5pm
Pizzas will cost $8 to purchase (Students will earn $5 per pizza sold)
Subs will cost $3.50 to purchase (Students will earn $1.25 per sub sold)
March Lunch Menu
Meet Officer Huizenga…
Officer Ryan Huizenga has been our police liaison over the course of the past two years. Along with helping us with safety drills, Officer Huizenga often stops in just to see how things are going and say “hello”. Make sure to stop and introduce yourself if you see him on campus!
High School Backpacking Adventure Opportunity!
- Please note the itinerary listed in the attachment says leaving on Monday. Everything should be backed up one day to leave on Sunday, instead.
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Hot Lunch Payments
Just a reminder that hot lunch is a prepay program. All Child Nutrition Programs are set up that money needs to be in the lunch account for a child to receive hot lunch. Please keep your child’s account current. You may drop off a check at the front desk or go to sendmoneytoschool.com to submit a payment – there is a transaction charge to pay online. Thank you!
One never knows when a family may get hit with a financial challenge. Lunch benefits are always available year round…. you may apply at lunchapp.com and fill out a confidential application. Any questions, please email Sue at email@example.com. If your family currently has a negative balance, if you apply for lunch benefits and qualify we will wipe out your negative balance.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with housing, food, utilities, furniture, medical services, etc. Please see the information below for a list of available resources in Ottawa County:
The Ottawa County Health Department announced an upswing in the number of people experiencing norovirus and norovirus-like symptoms, otherwise known as the stomach bug.
Weather Delays/Closed Campus
When Mother Nature decides to make travel to campus dangerous we may find it necessary to cancel or delay on site options for that day. We determine morning cancellations based on Zeeland Public Schools; If they are closed due to weather, our campus will be closed. If they delay due to weather, we will delay. GREAT news, though! Since we are an online school, students can continue their learning at home for any days where we experience a delay or closing of campus. All due dates are still in effect. If campus is closed, we will notify you by the following methods:
- Email to parents
- Facebook post
- WZZM 13
- iCademy group text message through Rained Out (sign up for this service by texing “icademy” to 84483. You will receive a message back saying you are signed up. Please contact Leisa if you have trouble firstname.lastname@example.org)
In the event of a 2 hour delay, campus will be open at 11am. On these days, there will only be a HOT lunch choice for the day as Ms. Rosie won’t have time to prepare both choices..
Have You Accessed Your Parent/Observer Account?
Each parent/guardian should have a parent/observer account associated with your student. If you do not have one, please email Deedee at email@example.com so that she can set one up for you. If you aren’t sure, simply go to this link: https://icademy.ems.connexus.com/ and enter your firstname.lastname as the username and password will be #iCademy17.
Why Do You Need A Parent/Observer Account?
This is the primary way that your child’s teacher will communicate with you and makes it easy for you to connect with them on questions. It’s also the place you will look for general communications from your grade teams. This account also helps you clearly see what your student needs to do and has already completed. If you have questions, please contact your child’s mentor or teacher.
Virtual Office Links!
Middle School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: MSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
High School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: HSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
School Calendar for 2017-2018
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year, beginning August 7th!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. firstname.lastname@example.org