Thanks for exercising your right to
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- November 6th – Holland Energy Park Trip – 6th – 12th Grade Students
- November 7 – 9 – Homestead Campus Marketplace Shopping!
- November 19th – 25th – iCademy Break Week – Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 26th – School Resumes
- November 26th – Zeeland Christmas Parade – Join us to walk with our IES float!
- December 21st – 1/2 day for students – Break begins at 12:30pm
- December 24th – January 6th – Holiday Break Weeks
- January 7th – School Resumes
- January 18th – All 1st Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
- January 21st – Records Day for Teachers – No School for Students
- February 13th – State of Michigan Count Day
- February 18th – 24th – iCademy Break Week
- February 25th – School Resumes
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 22nd – May 24th – Middle School Trip to Chicago
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – iCademy/Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
Holland Energy Park Trip – TOMORROW!
Check out the video below from our amazing Science teachers explaining what we are going to be doing on Tuesday at Holland Energy Park! Below is the sign up for the Science Adventure that students can participate in both in person and virtually! Check it out below!
REMINDER: Hot Lunch Accounts
Just a reminder to please either send money to school for student hot lunches in a sealed envelope with their name on the outside or deposit funds electronically at sendmoneytoschool.com. If you know that your family has a large outstanding balance and will have trouble paying it all at once, please contact us and we can help make arrangements for payment. If your family is in need of assistance for lunch, please fill out an application for free and reduced lunch at lunchapp.com.
iCademy Middle School Students Visit Chicago!
If you are a middle school student or parent, please mark your calendar for May 22nd – May 24th as plans are in the works for a trip to Chicago! More details to come, soon!
Join Our Schools For the Zeeland Christmas Parade! November 26th!
Precademy, Innocademy and iCademy Global will have a combined float in the parade happening at 6:3opm on Monday, November 26th in the ZEELAND Christmas Parade. Everyone is welcome to join! Please sign up at the link, below with the number of participants you will be bringing to walk alongside the float. Questions? Please contact Renee Nyhof at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have or know of an Innocademy Zeeland, Innocademy Allegan, Precademy or iCademy Global Family who has a need this holiday season, that we can help bless you with? We love taking care of our own little community, and helping with needs when they arise, which includes Christmas.
IES Angel Tree
Again, this year we will offer an Angel Tree opportunity, open to all IES families; Precademy, Inno Allegan, Inno Zeeland and iCademy. Needs will be compiled into a Sign-Up Genius (concealing identity of individuals/families who have requested assistance) and shared with all of our families to select from, and help provide.
Please do not worry, as this will all be anonymous.
Should you have some specific needs this year – – – or know of a family that does, please send an email request BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd, to email@example.com
All requests will be viewed by Ms. Deedee. Once all requests have been received, you will hear back directly from her regarding your need (s) with specific details.
We wish for all families to enjoy their holidays, so please let us know how we can brighten yours.
Continued Orientation – Soooo Much To Know!
We know that sometimes having a refresher on all things iCademy is good to show you what you are confident in AND to maybe teach you something new that you missed with your first orientation! Below are some links to Important things for Parents to know about iCademy Middle Schools:
- Continued Orientation- Checking progress, grades and what is going on with Connexus and your kiddo: https://youtu.be/cDTjue0784s
- iCademy’s Expectations for a Safe and Fun Learning Environment: https://youtu.be/q5Z5t-Uj3UM
- All things “ZOOM!”: https://youtu.be/WsHIyp8J8JU
School Closings & Delays
Sad to say we are coming upon the season where weather delays/cancellations may be necessary.When it comes to weather we ALWAYS follow the lead of Zeeland Public Schools as that is the district in which we are located. If a cancellation happens, our campus will be closed, but STUDENTS CAN CONTINUE LEARNING AS NORMAL. Yay!!! Please see, below for notes on delay vs. cancellation.
In the event of campus CLOSING, please remember:
- All due dates still apply
- Students can reach teachers through Zoom, as normal
- No Live Lessons will take place that day.
In the event of campus DELAY, please remember:
- If it is a Tues/Thurs, campus will not open until 11am and, if you need to order a lunch the only option will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
- If it is a Monday/Wednesday, no Live Lessons will take place
- Can reach your teachers through Zoom as normal
For K-5 Students – In the event of a DELAY or CLOSING:
- All due dates still apply
- Teachers will be available by Zoom as normal
- If it is a Tuesday there will be no live lessons
- If delay happens on Thursday, the only option for ordering will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
We try to pass along delay/closing information as soon as we are aware. Here’s how we will pass along that information to you:
- Rained Out Text to families
- Email to families
- Facebook Notification
- Broadcast on WZZM
- Broadcast on WOOD TV-8
If you have not yet signed up for the Rained Out Text messaging system, please simply enroll by:
- Opening your messaging app on your phone
- Type 84483 in the “to” section of messages
- In the “message” section, type icademy
- Press “send”
You should receive a message back indicating you are now part of the group! Easy!
Ms. Kris’ Corner – Quiet Learning vs. Active Learning
Quiet learning involves reading and doing homework while active learning involves a student asking and answering questions, problem solving, and exploring their interests. It is important for students to have both quiet learning and active learning in order to be successful. Other very important qualities for success include taking responsibility and working independently, especially at a virtual school. As a parent, you can help your child build these skills and qualities by establishing reasonable rules that you enforce consistently and by breaking down a goal into smaller steps.
Tip: Check out this article about 20 ways you can help your student succeed
Failure…Is It Important?
Below is a great PDF about Failure and what we can learn from it. As we continue to dive in to who we are as whole people, this idea of failure is an interesting one to discuss with your kiddo. Check out the resources in this email and use them to have a great conversation as a family! Again, huge thanks to “Big Life Journal” as we continue to learn about ourselves through the lens of growth mindset.
Marketplace Happening THIS Week!
- Wednesday, November 7th – Open from 10am – 4pm
- Thursday, November 8th – Open from 8am – 8:30pm
- Friday, November 9th – Frugal Friday – everything remaining is 50% off! 8am – 1pm
Amazon Smile – Rewards for Precademy/Innocademy/iCademy
Old Info…Just in case =)
November Lunch Menu
INNO Homestead NOV 2018
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – firstname.lastname@example.org
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – email@example.com
4/5 – Mr. Brett – firstname.lastname@example.org
6th – Ms. Mellissa – email@example.com
7th – Mr. Andy – firstname.lastname@example.org
8th – Mr. Ryan – email@example.com
9th – Ms. Janece – firstname.lastname@example.org
10th – Mr. Reid – email@example.com
11th – Ms. Amy – firstname.lastname@example.org
12th – Ms. Kris – email@example.com
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. firstname.lastname@example.org