Huge thanks to all of our families who donated items for our Friendsgiving event as well as items to donate to Hand 2 Hand. Thanks to all of you we were able to make a sizable donation! Because we reached our goal, we had some fun saying goodbye to those old, nasty fall pumpkins!
Check out the video clip to see the action! IMG_0996
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- December 21st – 1/2 day for students – Break begins at 12:30pm
- December 24th – January 6th – Holiday Break Weeks
- January 7th – School Resumes
- January 18th – All 1st Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
- January 21st – Records Day for Teachers – No School for Students
- February 13th – State of Michigan Count Day
- February 18th – 24th – iCademy Break Week
- February 25th – School Resumes
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 22nd – May 24th – Middle School Trip to Chicago
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – iCademy/Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
IES Angel Tree – Angels Needed! =)
As Innocademy and iCademy families we are able to give to the families in our own community who have recently experienced loss. Thank you for embodying the Spirit of Christmas by investing in the lives of the people around us. We are so grateful for you and this community with all its support! Even the smallest contribution can be a significant blessing.
*PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL ITEMS ARE NEW, NOT PREVIOUSLY USED (unless indicated on sign up)
*Please leave items unwrapped
Please bring items to the iCademy space at Homestead Campus by Thursday, December 13.
If you could include the family # on your item that would be helpful!
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You for considering!
Ms. Kris’ Corner – Anxiety
Is anxiety something you have experienced? Anxiety can look very different for each individual and can be mild to severe. Below are some quick tips to help with reducing anxiety. If you have symptoms of severe anxiety, please contact a medical professional.
- Avoid caffeine. Caffeine is an anxiety inducer and will often times make it worse.
- Keep a journal. Writing out what you are thinking and how you are feeling is a healthy way to reduce stress and deal with negative feelings.
- Talk it out. Talking to a professional is ideal, especially if your anxiety is severe. If this is not possible, talking to a friend who understands can help too. Being able to vent to someone who can relate may bring relief and they might have tips or tricks that have helped them before too.
- Take a walk. The part of the brain that controls anxiety only does one thing at a time. Walking has been shown to shut down that mechanism in the brain, so walking can give your anxiety a break.
- Drink water. Being dehydrated can lead to heart palpitations which can then cause feelings of panic and trigger your anxiety.
Old Info…Just in case =)
REMINDER: Hot Lunch Accounts
Just a reminder to please either send money to school for student hot lunches in a sealed envelope with their name on the outside or deposit funds electronically at sendmoneytoschool.com. If you know that your family has a large outstanding balance and will have trouble paying it all at once, please contact us and we can help make arrangements for payment. If your family is in need of assistance for lunch, please fill out an application for free and reduced lunch at lunchapp.com.
iCademy Middle School Students Visit Chicago!
If you are a middle school student or parent, please mark your calendar for May 22nd – May 24th as plans are in the works for a trip to Chicago! More details to come, soon!
Continued Orientation – Soooo Much To Know!
We know that sometimes having a refresher on all things iCademy is good to show you what you are confident in AND to maybe teach you something new that you missed with your first orientation! Below are some links to Important things for Parents to know about iCademy Middle Schools:
- Continued Orientation- Checking progress, grades and what is going on with Connexus and your kiddo: https://youtu.be/cDTjue0784s
- iCademy’s Expectations for a Safe and Fun Learning Environment: https://youtu.be/q5Z5t-Uj3UM
- All things “ZOOM!”: https://youtu.be/WsHIyp8J8JU
School Closings & Delays
Sad to say we are coming upon the season where weather delays/cancellations may be necessary.When it comes to weather we ALWAYS follow the lead of Zeeland Public Schools as that is the district in which we are located. If a cancellation happens, our campus will be closed, but STUDENTS CAN CONTINUE LEARNING AS NORMAL. Yay!!! Please see, below for notes on delay vs. cancellation.
In the event of campus CLOSING, please remember:
- All due dates still apply
- Students can reach teachers through Zoom, as normal
- No Live Lessons will take place that day.
In the event of campus DELAY, please remember:
- If it is a Tues/Thurs, campus will not open until 11am and, if you need to order a lunch the only option will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
- If it is a Monday/Wednesday, no Live Lessons will take place
- Can reach your teachers through Zoom as normal
For K-5 Students – In the event of a DELAY or CLOSING:
- All due dates still apply
- Teachers will be available by Zoom as normal
- If it is a Tuesday there will be no live lessons
- If delay happens on Thursday, the only option for ordering will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
We try to pass along delay/closing information as soon as we are aware. Here’s how we will pass along that information to you:
- Rained Out Text to families
- Email to families
- Facebook Notification
- Broadcast on WZZM
- Broadcast on WOOD TV-8
If you have not yet signed up for the Rained Out Text messaging system, please simply enroll by:
- Opening your messaging app on your phone
- Type 84483 in the “to” section of messages
- In the “message” section, type icademy
- Press “send”
You should receive a message back indicating you are now part of the group! Easy!
November Lunch Menu
INNO Homestead NOV 2018
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – email@example.com
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – firstname.lastname@example.org
4/5 – Mr. Tyler – email@example.com
6th – Ms. Mellissa – firstname.lastname@example.org
7th – Mr. Andy – email@example.com
8th – Mr. Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
9th – Ms. Janece – email@example.com
10th – Mr. Reid – firstname.lastname@example.org
11th – Ms. Amy – email@example.com
12th – Ms. Kris – firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com