Happy Break Week, iCademy! We are so proud of the hard work you have put into your learning throughout these first five weeks of school. We encourage you to make time to enjoy this first Break Week, to recharge by taking a break from your screens and spending time doing the things you love. See you back here on Monday, September 14!
The ‘iCademy Global Blog’ is a weekly communication of important reminders, announcements, and upcoming events that will be posted at the close of each week.
- Lunch Pick-Up Opportunity: USDA has just announced FREE MEALS for ALL of our students through December 31, 2020 or until funding runs out. What does this mean for your student? To be eligible, your child must take a qualified meal — the components of a school lunch are the following: protein, fruit, vegetable, grain and milk.In grades K-12, all meals are prepackaged at this time. Each meal package contains all 5 components. There is a choice of white or chocolate milk, and if your child should have a milk allergy they do not have to take milk.We are super excited about being able to offer free meals to our students at iCademy and Innocademy. As always, our meals are served from kitchens that follow all of the COVID safety guidelines and are inspected frequently. Kitchens are also staffed by personnel who have been trained in serve-safe handling. We take serving your student very seriously and want to provide nutritious meals for your kiddos.
* Live in the area? Are you missing out on school lunches? Beginning Tuesday, September 8th, we are launching a 5-day lunch pick-up program for students in kindergarten – 12th grade.
* Each week the menu will differ slightly, but will not be a cold sandwich every day. Our lunch team is working on some great items for families! Fruits, vegetables, proteins, and dairy will be included with each lunch, as well as milk to drink.
1. Sign up no later than 1:30pm on Monday each week. Please sign up for TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH PICK-UP HERE.
2. Because of the exciting NEW USDA lunch programming, your child’s lunch account will not be charged.
3. Arrive at the iCademy door in the east lot (see map below) at 1:30pm on Tuesday.
4. Stay in your car and your lunches will be delivered to you.
5. Repeat each week you wish.
6. Questions? Please contact Nancy @ email@example.com.
- NWEA MAP Testing: The first round of growth MAP testing will happen this month. Please note specifics of dates and times from your child’s teacher/mentor. All testing will happen virtually.
- K-12 Synergy Session on Thursday, September 17 @ Crane’s Apple Orchard in Fennville, MI! We’d love for your K-8 children, parents, and siblings to join us! We ask that you please SIGN-UP HERE so we know who to plan for. Details for the event are located in the sign-up. Hope to see many of you there!
- iCademy FERPA: Please click this link to view.
- iCademy Annual Asbestos Notification: Please click this link to view this annual notification.
- iCademy Pest Management: Please click this link to view.
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- Master Staff Contact List: To contact any staff member, please reference this updated master staff contact list. Thank you!
- K-5 Books/Materials: If your elementary student’s teacher has contacted you about materials that are waiting to be picked up, please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up at your earliest convenience (M-TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm).
- Laptop Cases have Arrived! Were you one of the few students who did not receive a laptop case? They’ve arrived! Please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up! We are open M – TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm.
- Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class: iCademy Elementary is so excited to partner with the Outdoor Discovery Center this year. Students in grades kindergarten through 5th grade have the opportunity to choose this class as one of their elective classes this semester, if they choose. The class will be meeting on Tuesday afternoons from 12:30-2:30 at the Outdoor Discovery Center. The first day of class will be held on Tuesday, September 15. If you have not already signed-up for this class but were hoping to, please contact your child’s teacher ASAP!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG). You can even request to join the iCademy Global Parents Facebook page!
- Monday, September 7-11: NO SCHOOL (Break Week)
- Monday, September 14: SCHOOL RESUMES – Day 1 of Session 2, Week 1
- Tuesday, September 15: Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class Kick-Off
- Thursday, September 17: K-12 Synergy Session – Crane’s Apple Orchard
- Wednesday, September 23 & Thursday, September 24: Student-Led Conferences
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- Coming Soon! 2020-2021 iCademy Middle & High School Synergy Session Calendars
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or email@example.com.
- LINCOLN LEARNING LOG-IN TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-990-6637
Have a fabulous weekend & Break Week! See you on Monday, September 14!
– iCademy Global Staff