We hope you’ve had an excellent break week! Our teachers are SO excited to see you back in class this upcoming Monday, September 14. We’ll be kicking off Session 2 with Live Lessons for all kindergarten through 12th grade students!
The ‘iCademy Global Blog’ is a weekly communication of important reminders, announcements, and upcoming events that will be posted at the close of each week.
LUNCH PICK UP OPPORTUNITY – ORDERING & PICK UP DAY CHANGE: If you are in need of lunches for your K-12th grade student, you may sign up each week for FREE! Each week includes: fruits, vegetables, proteins, and dairy for 5 days for each student registered. Milk will be included as well.
1. Sign up no later than 1:30 pm on SUNDAY (please note the DAY CHANGE!) each week. Please sign up for MONDAY (again, please note the day change!), SEPTEMBER 14th PICK-UP HERE.
2. Because of the exciting NEW USDA lunch programming, your child’s lunch account will not be charged. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please help us prevent waste by making sure you pick up your order if you sign up for it. If there are two times you do not pick up your order, we will be unable to continue to provide the service for you.
3. Arrive at the iCademy door in the east lot (see map below) between 1:30-1:45 pm on MONDAY.
4. Stay in your car and your lunches will be delivered to you.
5. Repeat each week you wish.
6. Questions? Please contact Nancy at email@example.com
- HELP NEEDED FROM ALL FAMILIES, ASAP, PLEASE!! The recently proposed, Return to Learn Budget is scheduled to affect iCademy students. This time last year our enrollment was 204 students. We are currently at 430. This legislation threatens to eliminate funding for the 226 additional students we have enrolled this year. Funding would, instead, be awarded to the school a student attended last year. While we hope this legislation will be amended, there is no guarantee of that happening. We need your help as a supporter of our school! Please let our legislators hear your voice on this issue. It does not take long. To contact them and to read more, visit the link below. Thank you, in advance, for your support of our students at iCademy Global! https://www.votervoice.net/MICHARTERS/campaigns/76779/respond
- NWEA MAP Testing: The first round of growth MAP testing will happen beginning this week. Please note specifics of dates and times from your child’s teacher/mentor. All testing will happen virtually.
- K-12 Synergy Session on Thursday, September 17 @ Crane’s Apple Orchard in Fennville, MI! We’d love for your K-12 children, parents, and siblings to join us! We ask that you please SIGN-UP HERE so we know who to plan for. Details for the event are located in the sign-up. Hope to see many of you there!
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- Master Staff Contact List: To contact any staff member, please reference this updated master staff contact list. Thank you!
- iCademy FERPA: Please click this link to view.
- iCademy Annual Asbestos Notification: Please click this link to view this annual notification.
- iCademy Pest Management: Please click this link to view.
- K-5 Books/Materials: If your elementary student’s teacher has contacted you about materials that are waiting to be picked up, please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up at your earliest convenience (M-TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm).
- Laptop Cases have Arrived! Were you one of the few students who did not receive a laptop case? They’ve arrived! Please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up! We are open M – TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm.
- Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class: iCademy Elementary is so excited to partner with the Outdoor Discovery Center this year. Students in grades kindergarten through 5th grade have the opportunity to choose this class as one of their elective classes this semester, if they choose. The class will be meeting on Tuesday afternoons from 12:30-2:30 at the Outdoor Discovery Center. The first day of class will be held THIS Tuesday, September 15. If you have not already signed-up for this class but were hoping to, please contact your child’s teacher ASAP!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG). You can even request to join the iCademy Global Parents Facebook page!
- Monday, September 14: SCHOOL RESUMES – Day 1 of Session 2, Week 1
- Tuesday, September 15: Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class Kick-Off
- Thursday, September 17: K-12 Synergy Session – Crane’s Apple Orchard (Fennville)
- Wednesday, September 23 & Thursday, September 24: Student-Led Conferences
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- Coming Soon! 2020-2021 iCademy Middle & High School Synergy Session Calendars
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or email@example.com.
- LINCOLN LEARNING LOG-IN TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-990-6637
Enjoy the weekend & we will see you back here on Monday!
– iCademy Global Staff