WONDERING HOW YOUR KIDDO IS DOING? CHECK STUDENT SNAPSHOT!
Now that we are a couple of weeks into the school year, it’s a GREAT time to look into those weekly Parent/Guardian Snapshots you are emailed each Monday! These are automatically generated and sent to parents/guardians so that how much time your child has spent on coursework the week before is never a surprise! =). If you’ve forgotten how to read those – – or are ready to dive in, please view the video HERE.
Re:FUEL & BLENDED MORNING ARRIVAL – MONTH OF AUGUST
We are currently getting new parking lots at Homestead Campus – Yay!! Unfortunately, the East lot (across from Taco Bell) is currently closed until September.
All Innocademy students are using the West parking lot (McDonald’s side) for morning drop off and afternoon dismissal. We do not want to add to the traffic congestion on that side of the building so PLEASE follow the directions, below:
- Use the map, below, for drop-off and dismissal. Please follow the yellow arrows for traffic flow. For both Re:Fuel and Blended, we look forward to seeing your child(ren) right at 9am and they must be picked up by 3pm each day.
- Re:Fuel middle & high school students may park in the lot or be dropped off according to the map, below and proceed into the main entrance of the building at or after 9am.
- For families with students in the blended program, please do not release your child(ren) to play on the playground prior to school beginning as there is no adult supervision. Once you see their teacher outside at 9am, kiddos may meet them and walk into the building, together. If you would like to park your car in the lot and walk your child(ren) to their teacher in the morning, you are welcome to do that! Please say your goodbyes outside of the building and students can walk inside with their teacher.
Re:FUEL & BLENDED 3PM AFTERNOON DISMISSAL- MONTH OF AUGUST
- Re:Fuel students who park in the West Parking lot, please leave the lot by 3pm each day following the yellow arrows, on the map, above.
- Re:Fuel students who get picked up at the end of the day and students in the blended program will be walked by staff across the street for dismissal in the cul-de-sac road near Ziggi’s and Taco Bell according to the map, below. Students will be ready to be picked up in that location at 3pm.
- Please stay in your car and pull as far forward as possible. Staff will help guide you and get students to your vehicle. You may then proceed down the road, turn around in the cul-de-sac and head out.
2022-2023 FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDE
Please take a peek at the recently updated iCademy Global Family Resource Guide.
COUNSELING INFORMATION – Frequently Asked Questions for Middle/High School
Middle and High School Scheduling Q and A
Q: My student does not have SIX classes. Who do I contact?
A: There is an explanation for that! Be in touch with:
- Middle School: Haley Prins
- High School: Laura Verkaik
Q: I have signed up for a Community Passport class and it is not in my Lincoln account. What should I do?
A: That’s exciting! Make sure you have completed a Community Passport Application. Ms. Jody is calling each Community Partner, coordinating the community experience with iCademy curriculum so it may take a little more time to see on your dashboard. Reach out to Ms. Jody if you have questions!
Q: High school students: I am taking a language other than Spanish. Is there anything I need to know?
A: We are contracting with Lincoln and Michigan Virtual to provide those language opportunities. It may take a little longer to confirm those classes. If you are taking a language through MV, more information will come specific to your course. Be in touch with Ms. Laura if you have questions
Q: High school students: I am taking a credit recovery class. What should I know?
A: You will receive more information from Ms. Mandy, specific to how it works. Just make sure that the CR course you are enrolled in designates that it is credit recovery. These are self-paced courses and if you don’t already see the course, you will soon.
Q: High school students: I signed up for a class but have changed my mind and would like a new course. What should I do?
A: Be in touch with Ms. Laura and she will check your credit needs and options for courses. The deadline to drop-add courses is 4pm August 18th.
Q: What if I have any other questions about my student’s schedule or want to see my grad plan if I’m in high school?
- Middle School: Haley Prins
- High School: Laura Verkaik
If you are having problems with your computer, please reach out to email@example.com so that she can help!
INTERESTED IN HORSERIDING? CHECK OUT ONE OF OUR COMMUNITY PASSPORT PARTNERS – RIVENDELL STABLES
We are the only barn that is heated, has so many amazing horses, phenomenal staff and YOU! We are grateful you continue to choose US, together we make a wonderful team. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Please see the Info tab online for course names, days, times, etc. Note, we will be doing weekly meetings for the upcoming school year. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
We have a new system to register that should make things so much easier!
All the information is under the white box that says
“Educational Program Info”
And to register
“Register for Educational Program”
Both of these boxes are right on our home page for Rivendell Stables.
AUGUST LUNCH MENU
FACEBOOK PARENT GROUP
If you have not yet joined our iCademy Parent Group Facebook page, please consider doing so. This is the first place we announce inclement weather delays/cancellations and other important information throughout the year. It will also help you connect with other iCademy families.