IMPORTANT SCAM EMAIL WARNING
As always, it is our desire to ensure the safety of students at our IES Schools. Thankfully, we’ve not received reports of students at any of our schools being the victim of this scam, but absolutely wanted to share in the hopes of you having age-appropriate conversations with your child(ren) around online safety.
Recent reports have been made in neighboring districts regarding cybercriminals targeting primarily male teens through Google Meet invitations. The predator has been posing as a young person interested in forming a friendship or romantic connection, engages with the targeted teen in an online relationship, eventually manipulating them to exchange sexual texts and pictures. The teen will then be told that this content will be posted on the internet if they do not send a large sum of money to an account via Western Union or PayPal. If the teen says no, the threats escalate. The exact details of the scam vary case-by-case.
It’s important that students keep in mind they should:
- never enter a Google Meet or Zoom invite from someone they do not know.
- never expose themselves for any reason on camera
- report any suspicious email or link to a parent, teacher or trusted adult right away
If your child becomes a victim of this scam, it is important they understand they are a victim and should not feel shame. Do not comply with the request, stop all communication with the predator, and contact local law enforcement.
Below are a few resources available to families:
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children – Sextortion YouTube video
- You Sent A Sext, Now What? Brochure (NetSmartZ) – includes section on blackmail):
- Your “Photo Fate” Discussion Guideline (NetSmartZ):
DAY CARE STAFF NEEDED – JOB POSTING
We are looking for someone to join our Daycare Team. This position would work 8:30 – 4:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays (there may be opportunity to sub on other days on an as-needed basis). Generally speaking, the staff daycare is open on days school is in session (both virtual and in-person days) as well as staff Professional Development days. The Daycare team provides care to our staff’s children. The kids range from 12 weeks old to 5 years old. Providing a nurturing environment for these little ones while mom/dad is working is the key to this role. Responsibilities include caring for kids, feeding them, bringing them outside for playtime, etc.
Please email Sara in Human Resources if you are interested in more information on this position – her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
MY COVID-19 RISK
As we think about Christmas Break and the upcoming holidays, this chart may helpful in assessing the Covid-19 risks associated with different activities.
PARENT SELF CARE INFORMATION
|Self-Care Video Series for Parents|
Feeling stressed? Take a few minutes for yourself this winter. Visit Committee for Children’s YouTube channel Monday 12/7 – Monday 1/25 for a short video about mental health, presented by a licensed clinical psychologist. The weekly self-care videos will also include a daily practice grounded in research and SEL. These Winter Well-Being videos are created especially for parents. Share them with your student
HOLIDAY BREAK WEEKS – BREAKFAST/LUNCH SIGN UP/PICK UP – IMPORTANT
If you wish to participate in breakfast/lunch pick up over the 2-week holiday break it is a little different so please see the notes, below:
- THIS SIGN UP opens TODAY, Friday December 11th and automatically includes you for BOTH weeks
- Deadline for sign-up is Tues, DEC. 15TH at 1 pm. Late responses cannot be accepted.
- Unlike our weekly pickup, sign-ups are first come, first served as there are a limited number of meals available. If we reach capacity before the sign-up deadline, we may have to close the link.
- Pick up will be at iCademy, but needs to happen on Mon, Dec. 21st and Mon., Dec 28th
- Pick up time will be from 2:15-2:30 pm on those days.
- Please contact Ms. Stacy at email@example.com with questions.
COVID POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS?
In the event your child receives a positive COVID diagnosis, please make sure to contact us, immediately. We must continue to update the COVID transparency page on our website and be able to work with the health department in their contact tracing efforts.
OLD INFORMATION (In Case You Missed It =)
NEW – Community Passport Program
We are thrilled to be launching our Community Passport Program for all students at iCademy Global beginning this second semester! You won’t want to miss out on this amazing opportunity for your child to engage in an elective class in his/her community!
What is the Community Passport Program?
Please see the images above for information as well as MR. TYLER’S SHORT VIDEO iCademy-Globals-Community-Passport-DescriptionDownload
You can sign up for a Community Passport Class for Semester 2 to explore one of these opportunities:
- Outdoor Discovery Center (K-5)
- Protégé Game Studio Classes (7th-12th)
- iCademy Robotics (9th-12th)
- Community Passport Electives (K-12) (PE, Art, or Music)
When Can My Child(ren) Apply?
Applications will go live in your student’s iCademy Portal on Monday, December 7th!
Deadline for the Community Passport Applications:
January 4th, 2021
What If I Have More Questions?
Please email Mr. Tyler at tyler.huizenga@iCademyGlobal.org
REMINDER – SEMESTER 1 ENDS ON JANUARY 15TH AT MIDNIGHT
All first semester coursework and assessments must be turned in by midnight on Friday, January 15th. There will be no school on Monday, January 18th as it is a teacher records day. Second semester courses begin on Tuesday, January 19th.
CAMPUS VISIT BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
If you need to visit campus in order to exchange a device or charging cord, please make an appointment with your mentor as there may not be someone on campus readily available to help you without an appointment.
Bittersweet Ski Passes
We are again offering Bittersweet Ski Passes for students (7 + years) and their families (extended families, too!) through Innocademy and iCademy Global.2020-2021-ADULT-SKI-CLUB-FORM-1Download2020-2021-ADULT-STUDENT-INFO-SHEETDownload2020-2021-Disclaimer-Student-Ski-ClubDownloadBittersweet-Covid-19-Disclosures-Download
Ski passes are a great opportunity for folks to purchase a pass ($22) that acts as a coupon throughout the season, reducing the prices on lift tickets, helmets, and rentals. The pass can be used, repeatedly, at any time throughout the ski season (please read the restrictions on timeframe and days), by the pass holder! ANYONE can be part of the ski club…student, parent, family friend.
If you are interested, please…
- Read through the attached information – INCLUDING COVID 19 policies
- Fill out the attached form for student and/or adult
- Secure in an envelope with payment (checks payable to BITTERSWEET SKI RESORT)
- Label envelope: BITTERSWEET SKI PASSES – LEISA LOBBEZOO
- Return to campus. If you would like to mail the forms and payment via US mail, that is great, too! Please use the information, below:
Leisa Lobbezoo iCademy Global, 8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland, MI 49464
Once we receive the application and payment, there is usually about a 14 school day turn around for your information to be processed at Bittersweet and passes to be issued so please plan ahead. =)
Just in case you were wondering, “Hmmm…what does Bittersweet usually charge for lift tickets and rentals?”
WITHOUT SKI CLUB PASSES
$32-$57 lift ticket
$10 helmet rental
WITH SKI CLUB PASSES ($22 each pass – every skier must have one to receive the discounts.)
Adult (anyone not still in high school)
$26 lift ticket
Student (7 years old and older)
$22 lift ticket
$10 helmet rental
+ 2 FREE Lessons or NASTAR run
- IMPORTANT LUNCH INFORMATION: Being a virtual school it seems a silly request, but if you have not yet filled out a free/reduced lunch application at lunchapp.com, please do so prior to Thanksgiving break. You will select HOLLAND CHRISTIAN as the district as they are our food service provider.
Even if you think you may not qualify, our school receives credit for each form submitted. What is “credit”? Having our families complete these forms allows us to participate in grant opportunities and funding that directly impacts student learning and academic support. Not only that, but should there be another time where schools are not in session, if your family DOES qualify for benefits of any sort, you will be sent an EBT card in the mail to be able to assist with purchasing food for your family. If you end up qualifying and do not wish to take advantage of any benefits associated with the program, you do not have to participate.
- iCademy Clubs: We are so excited to be able to offer 11 clubs to our high school and middle school students. Below you will find information on what clubs are being offered as well as a little description. Kids can join as many clubs as they wish! None are mandatory, but all are fun!!!
- 2-1-1: This service provides access to food, health, mental health, and various other needs. For assistance, call 2-1-1 on your mobile phone or dial 877-211-5253. Texting is available by texting your zip code to 898211. To access online, go to www.call-211.org.
- Feeding America: Mark your calendar and share these dates with friends and neighbors! Feeding America Mobile Food Distribution takes place at Zeeland Public Roosevelt School’s west parking lot (175 W. Roosevelt Ave., Zeeland, MI 49464). This is a drive-thru, no contact distribution. All are welcome. No income guidelines or proof of residency required. Event runs 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm on January 12, February 16, March 9, and April 13.
- NOT LOCAL? LOOKING FOR FREE MEALS FOR YOUR FAMILY?
- Contact your local ISD: If you are out of range, but would like to take advantage of the week’s worth of free meals for your children, please connect with your local Intermediate School District for information on receiving free meals. As long as your local ISD has a virtual school program, you can qualify for free meals.
- Meet UP and Eat UP: This is another incredible program (sponsored by the United Way) providing meals for families throughout Michigan. Please view the interactive map HERE for more information on food distribution near you.
- COVID-19 DASHBOARD FOR iCADEMY: iCademy Global will share updated COVID-19 data each Monday afternoon. Due to HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) laws, no personal information will be shared. When iCademy receives communication of a positive case, we will notify the county health department who traces and directly connects with those in close contact of the positive case. iCademy will notify the school family of the case and the actions taking place as necessary. https://icademyglobal.org/covid-19-dashboard/
- Engagement & Attendance: In a traditional brick and mortar school when students show up for the day or for a class, the teacher takes attendance and that is submitted to the State of Michigan. At a virtual school like iCademy Global, three factors play a role in engagement and attendance. Two-way communication, participation in Live Lessons/check-in with Mentors and adequate time and progress lets us know that you are engaged in your school work and are counted as being present at iCademy Global. When a student is not meeting the expectations, they are flagged as being absent.
- Truancy: In order to meet the state expectation of 1098 hours engaged in coursework each year, it is required that iCademy Global students spend an average of 420 minutes per day doing school work – Monday through Friday. In many cases, absences from school are unavoidable due to health problems or other circumstances. However, chronic absenteeism can have a drastic impact on your child’s education. Children chronically absent in kindergarten and first grade are much less likely to learn to read by the end of third grade. By sixth grade, chronic absence is a proven early warning sign of drop-out. By ninth grade, good attendance can predict graduation even better than eighth grade test scores.
When we see that a student is not completing his/her coursework within the coursework and/or participating in required Live Lessons, not attending mentor meetings or lacking in two-way communication, parent/guardian will be contacted via an attendance letter indicating multiple absences and requesting a virtual meeting to create a personalized Learning Plan. Parents are a huge player in the success of the students as well. Parents will be required to walk alongside the student for accountability purposes to ensure success. If a student does not adhere to the personalized Learning Plan, the Learning Team will begin the Truancy process which may result as a formal file to Truancy through the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- Master Staff Contact List: To contact any staff member, please reference this updated master staff contact list. Thank you!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG). You can even request to join the iCademy Global Parents Facebook page!
- December 18th – January 3rd – iCademy Holiday Recess
- January 15th – End of First Semester
- June 7th – High School Graduation
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule A
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule B
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or email@example.com.
- LINCOLN LEARNING LOG-IN TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-990-6637
Have a great weekend!
– iCademy Global Staff