CAPSTONE TRIPS ARE BACK!
After a two-year hiatus, we are so very excited for our kiddos to be traveling near and far, again! Our littles visited Boulder Ridge Animal Park, our upper elementary kiddos made their way to Lake Superior State University, Tahquamenon Falls and Sault St. Marie, our middle schoolers are currently on an adventure to Mammoth Caves, Louisville and Indianapolis while our high school friends are doing some hiking in Colorado! What fun!
LIVE LOCALLY? JOIN US ON MAY 26TH AT OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER
THE MORE THE MERRIER! BRING A FAMILY TO OUR IES SCHOOLS FAMILY NIGHT AT OUTDOOR DISCOVERY CENTER – NEXT THURSDAY, MAY 26TH!
There will be plenty of fun, snacks and games so bring a family or two that you’d like to introduce to your school family! We’d love to meet them! See, below, for a special invitation and be thinking about who YOU would like to bring!
SOLE SISTERS AND HAND 2 HAND – THANK YOU!
Last week the girls packed bags for hand 2 hand. Through the school wide food drive, they were able to collect enough food to pack over 340 bags. Ms Marisol’s class won the popsicle party with the most donations!
LOVE IN ACTION TRI-CITIES FLYER
MORE FOOD SERVICE INFORMATION
As a reminder we will return to paying for hot lunches and breakfasts in August. What does that mean for my students?
– We will discontinue offering FREE breakfasts and lunches in all buildings.
- Deposits into SendMoneytoSchool.com starts a new family portal, beginning July 1, 2022. If you have used this online deposit service in the past, you will need to re-enroll your students using their student number. Important for you to know your student’s account number to set up your account. No service fee for online deposits before October 1, 2022. You may always drop off deposits at your school office. Sendmoneytoschool, only takes credit cards to make a deposit.
- If you currently have $$$ in your SendMoneyToSchool.Com account, those funds will roll over.
- If you qualify for lunch benefits, please go to lunchapp.com (Holland Christian District) after August 1 to fill out an application. The site will not be active until August 1, 2022.
5/25 @ 6pm: FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS WEBINAR (for teens)
A webinar for teens — courtesy of the Stay Well program
During the COVID-19 pandemic over the past two years, many teenagers watched their friends struggle with mental health challenges. Feelings of ongoing sadness, anxiety, hopelessness, and even thoughts of self-harm resulted in changed behaviors and relationships.
Would you like to know how to help your struggling friends, and also how to improve your own mental wellness? Join us for this webinar. You will learn:
- How to recognize when someone needs help
- What a panic attack looks and feels like
- How anxiety can change people’s behavior
- The best ways to offer support
- The warning signs of suicide
- Tips for keeping yourself emotionally healthy
DATE: Wednesday, May 25, 2022, from 6:00 – 7:00 pm COST: Free
5/24 @ 6pm: SUPPORTING TEENS MENTAL HEALTH (for parents, guardians, caregivers)
A webinar for parents, guardians & caregivers — courtesy of the Stay Well program
Teenagers are known to have their ups and downs, but studies show the COVID-19 pandemic has left many young people struggling with serious emotional distress. Do you have a teenager in your life exhibiting ongoing anxiety, dark moods, or uncharacteristic new habits? Are you unsure of how to respond?
This webinar is designed to teach parents, guardians, and other caregivers how to:
- Recognize signs of distress in your teen
- Provide positive support
- Talk to your teen about mental health
- Lead by example by managing your own wellness
DATE: Tuesday, May 24, 2022, from 6:00 – 7:00 pm COST: Free
SUMMER RESOURCES FOR OTTAWA/ALLEGAN COUNTIES!
This summer, there are resources for mental health, food, and outdoor activities available in the Ottawa and Allegan County areas.
For some ideas for FUN this summer……..
Use this map for a fun educational adventure and check out the Free Little Libraries near you. The books are free and you can also donate books you no longer want to the libraries. No late fees and a good excuse for a walk or bike ride! littlefreelibrary.org
GR Kids offers a Calendar of Events for family activities in Grand Rapids and the Lakeshore Communities. (You can follow them on social media accounts too.)
Mobile Food Pantries (choose your county):
Ottawa County Food Pantries:
Finding Food and Reviewing and Applying for Public Benefits:
Ottawa County Camps Scholarships
Story Walks for Families – Free, participate any time during park hours, and No registration is needed:
Ottawa County Parks Outdoor Program Schedule:
Outdoor Discovery Community Programs – many are free or affordable:
FIT AND HEALTHY FAMILIES PROGRAM SUMMER, FALL AND ONLINE SESSIONS AVAILABLE
- Elementary-aged kiddos and their families
- Summer Session: June 13 to Aug. 8 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Fall Session: Sept. 12 to Nov. 1 (Mondays) 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Online: offered self-paced year-round.
- Class held outside at Outdoor Discovery Center 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423
This series is taught by a registered dietitian and covers a variety of nutrition topics in a hands-on interactive way. Join us for gardening, exploring the trails, seeing the birds of prey up close, fishing, doing scavenger hunts, trying new foods, and doing family dance fitness together! Come have fun with us and get outside with your family!
Grandparents are welcome to bring their grandchildren. If you miss a week due to illness or vacation, you will be provided with a link to enjoy the class virtually!
Registration: Spectrumhealth.org/classes-eventsor call 616.748.2834
Check out the video, below, to see the fun things these classes will be doing!
Cost for the class is $25. Currently, website says Winter, but they are updating it to include summer/fall/online. They did say we are free to use this link to register =) https://www.spectrumhealth.org/locations/zeeland-community-hospital/classes-and-events/nutrition
OTTAWA COUNTY MOBILE FOOD PANTRY INFORMATION – MAY
MAY LUNCH MENU
CALENDAR FOR THE 22/23 SCHOOL YEAR
WEST MICHIGAN WORKS CAREER READINESS & WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
Checking Your Child’s Grades
Please make a regular habit of checking your child’s current grades through their iCademy Portal, located under the Portal Icon on their computer’s desktop. You can also see their attendance in Live Lessons and how often they communicate with their teachers. When you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your child’s teacher/mentor – – this never has to wait for parent/teacher conference time! Our staff is available to you anytime you wish to connect!
iCademy Calendar for 21/22 School Year
iCademy Family Resource Guide
Please click on THIS LINK to view the Family Resource Guide for the 21/22 School Year.