Wednesday, Feb 14th is State of Michigan Count Day. Please make sure students log into every course for at least 5 minutes in order to be “counted”
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- Wednesday, February 14th – State of Michigan Count Day
- THURSDAY, FEB 15TH – LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR GIRLS RUNNING CLUB
- Friday, February 16th – Professional Development Day – No School
- Monday, February 19th – February 25th – iCademy Break Week – No School
- Monday, February 26th – School Resumes
- March 15h & March 16th – Professional Development Days – No School
- March 30th – April 8th – Spring Break Week – No School
- Monday, April 9th – School Resumes
- May 9th & May 10th – 1/2 Day for Tulip Time – ReFUEL Closed/Students Dismissed at 12:30pm
- May 20th – 25th – High School Backpacking Adventure to Pennsylvania!
- Friday, May 25th – Professional Development Day – No School
- May 28th – June 3rd – iCademy Break Week – No School
- June 4th – School Resumes
- June 8th, 15th, 22nd – Enjoy Fridays – No School!
- June 10th – 16th – Middle School East Coast Trip with Innocademy
NEW Info For This Week!
High School Backpacking Adventure Opportunity!
- Please note the itinerary listed in the attachment says leaving on Monday. Everything should be backed up one day to leave on Sunday, instead.
- Barton Tutors: We are working to be able to screen our students at Innocademy and iCademy Global for their strengths in phonemic awareness. These are the fundamentals of reading. We are finding students who are in need of some support beyond what can be offered each day on the classroom.
- Copying Barton tutoring materials: Come on in and enjoy a coffee from Re-Fuel while making some copies!
Another Movie Opportunity – – Early Man!
We have another unique opportunity to raise funds for Precademy/Innocademy/iCademy Global Outdoor Learning Center/Field Trip Scholarships
Lionsgate and the movie EARLY MAN are donating $1.00 per movie ticket to our cause. Please help us by spreading the word to see the film opening weekend (February 16-18) – or anytime before April 1st. Tickets are on sale now! For sales to count: Get tickets using the Fandango link above — Thank you!
OLD Info…In Case You Missed It =)
February Lunch Menu
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Kid 2 Kid Sale?
Last year we hosted a Kid 2 Kid Sale in March. We have had folks ask about it this year, too! If you are interested in coordinating this event for our schools, please contact Jody Voss @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Hot Lunch Payments
Just a reminder that hot lunch is a prepay program. All Child Nutrition Programs are set up that money needs to be in the lunch account for a child to receive hot lunch. Please keep your child’s account current. You may drop off a check at the front desk or go to sendmoneytoschool.com to submit a payment – there is a transaction charge to pay online. Thank you!
One never knows when a family may get hit with a financial challenge. Lunch benefits are always available year round…. you may apply at lunchapp.com and fill out a confidential application. Any questions, please email Sue at email@example.com. If your family currently has a negative balance, if you apply for lunch benefits and qualify we will wipe out your negative balance.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with housing, food, utilities, furniture, medical services, etc. Please see the information below for a list of available resources in Ottawa County:
The Ottawa County Health Department announced an upswing in the number of people experiencing norovirus and norovirus-like symptoms, otherwise known as the stomach bug.
TTQ Scholarships Available
If your student would like to participate in Total Trek Quest this year, but cost is an issue, please contact Brandon at the TTQ office He can be easily reached at 616-450-4651 to discuss scholarship opportunities.
Community Days at Younker’s for IES!
Community Days is a fundraising event held twice yearly that benefits local schools and 501c3 nonprofit organizations. $5 coupon booklets are sold for an event taking place Thursday, March 1 – Saturday, March 3, 2018 and 100% of every $5 booklet sold will benefit over 7,000 participating organizations.
Donate $5 and get over $500 in exclusive coupon savings including:
- $10 off coupon valid on a purchase of $10 or more
- Up to 30% off shopping pass that can be used over and over throughout the 3-day event
- 70% off Ruff Hewn and Chaps for Women, Men & Kids
- $60 off Spring outerwear for her
- 65% off fine jewelry
- 45% off coffeemakers
- 39.97 8-pc. comforter set
- And many more offers throughout the store!
Coupon booklets ship for FREE with guaranteed delivery before the start of this event.
Buy a booklet today at http://bit.ly/2qqE0F2 or stop in to Homestead Campus and see Ms. Heidi to purchase a book at the front desk.
Total Trek Quest – Registration OPEN!
TTQ Registration is going ONLINE! Parents, starting January 2 you can register for the Total Trek Quest program ONLINE by clicking the link HERE. This new partnership will allow us to respond faster to your registration questions, will reduce the time it takes to have your son listed on the roster and will give prompt updates on wait lists. We do our very best to keep registration costs low, but in order to accommodate this change and to ensure we are still able to give out scholarships to all who need it, we will be raising the Total Trek Quest Registration fee to $45. You can still stop in to our offices to register your son, as we are working on ensuring kiosk style access to RacePlanner. Look for our info sheets to come home-and if you have any questions, please email Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Running Club Sign Ups!
Girls in grades in 3rd-8th grade should have received running club sign up sheets this past week. We are excited to start end of February and must receive sign up and payment no later then February 15th to make sure we are ready to go. I have attached the forms for you in case you missed them among the busyness of the season. InnoMazing girls is for 3rd-6th grade and GLOSS for our 7th-8th grade.
Weather Delays/Closed Campus
When Mother Nature decides to make travel to campus dangerous we may find it necessary to cancel or delay on site options for that day. We determine morning cancellations based on Zeeland Public Schools; If they are closed due to weather, our campus will be closed. If they delay due to weather, we will delay. GREAT news, though! Since we are an online school, students can continue their learning at home for any days where we experience a delay or closing of campus. All due dates are still in effect. If campus is closed, we will notify you by the following methods:
- Email to parents
- Facebook post
- WZZM 13
- iCademy group text message through Rained Out (sign up for this service by texing “icademy” to 84483. You will receive a message back saying you are signed up. Please contact Leisa if you have trouble email@example.com)
In the event of a 2 hour delay, campus will be open at 11am. On these days, there will only be a HOT lunch choice for the day as Ms. Rosie won’t have time to prepare both choices..
Have You Accessed Your Parent/Observer Account?
Each parent/guardian should have a parent/observer account associated with your student. If you do not have one, please email Deedee at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can set one up for you. If you aren’t sure, simply go to this link: https://icademy.ems.connexus.com/ and enter your firstname.lastname as the username and password will be #iCademy17.
Why Do You Need A Parent/Observer Account?
This is the primary way that your child’s teacher will communicate with you and makes it easy for you to connect with them on questions. It’s also the place you will look for general communications from your grade teams. This account also helps you clearly see what your student needs to do and has already completed. If you have questions, please contact your child’s mentor or teacher.
Virtual Office Links!
Middle School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: MSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
High School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: HSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
School Calendar for 2017-2018
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year, beginning August 7th!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com