Another warm WELCOME to the 2020-2021 school year at iCademy Global. For many of your children, you’ve just completed week three of school…while others of you are just joining us! Whatever place you find yourself in, we are so glad you are here.
The ‘iCademy Global Blog’ is a weekly communication of important reminders, announcements, and upcoming events that will be posted each Friday afternoon.
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- K-5 Books/Materials: If your elementary student’s teacher has contacted you about materials that are waiting to be picked up, please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up at your earliest convenience (M-TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm).
- Laptop Cases have Arrived! Were you one of the few students who did not receive a laptop case? They’ve arrived! Please stop by our Homestead Campus in Zeeland (8485 Homestead Drive, Zeeland 49464) to pick yours up! We are open M – TH in August from 9am – 3:30pm.
- Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class: iCademy Elementary is so excited to partner with the Outdoor Discovery Center this year. Students in grades kindergarten through 5th grade have the opportunity to choose this class as one of their elective classes this semester, if they choose. The class will be meeting on Tuesday afternoons from 12:30-2:30 at the Outdoor Discovery Center. The first day of class will be held on Tuesday, September 15. If you have not already signed-up for this class but were hoping to, please contact your child’s teacher ASAP!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at email@example.com to be added.
- Important Family/School Resource: If you have not already done so, please take 2 minutes of your time to fill-out the 2020-2021 application at lunchapp.com. While we are not in school, we do participate in the free/reduced lunch service. As a result, our school qualifies for resources and support just by you taking the time to apply for this service. Additionally, families who qualify for benefits through the service can receive support outside of school throughout the year.
For those who have already applied last year, your benefits continue through September 2020. To receive new benefits for our school and/or for your family for the 2020-2021 school year, a new application must be completed prior to September 1, 2020. To begin an application, visit lunchapp.com, click Start an Application, and search for our hot lunch provider’s school district, Holland Christian.
If you are in need of additional food resources, please visit the following website for opportunities in Ottawa County: http://www.ottawafood.org/find-food/
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG).
- Friday, August 28: NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, September 3: K-5 Synergy Session – Grand Rapids Public Museum (details to come)
- Friday, September 4: NO SCHOOL (Teacher Professional Development)
- Monday, September 7-11: NO SCHOOL (Break Week)
- Monday, September 14: SCHOOL RESUMES – Day 1 of Session 2, Week 1
- Tuesday, September 15: Outdoor Discovery Center Community Connection Class Kick-Off
- Thursday, September 17: K-12 Synergy Session – Crane’s Apple Orchard (details to come)
- Wednesday, September 23 & Thursday, September 24: Student-Led Conferences
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- Coming Soon! 2020-2021 iCademy Middle & High School Synergy Session Calendars
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fabulous weekend!
– iCademy Global Staff