Welcome to Spring…at least it FEELS like Spring after Mother Nature’s Crazy Week – Wowzers!
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in RED =)
- February 5th – iCademy Ski Day at Bittersweet (changed from 1/29)
- February 11th – Youngest Friends Night and Precademy Enrollment – 6:30-8pm (changed from 1/31)
- February 12th – End of Sub/Pizza Sales
- February 13th – State of Michigan Count Day
- February 15th – iCademy Ski Day at Bittersweet
- February 18th – 24th – iCademy Break Week
- February 25th – School Resumes
- February 28th – Pick up Sub/Pizza sales at Homestead Campus (even though sales sheet says 2/26)
- March 14th – 1/2 Day Teacher Professional Development
- March 15th – No School – Teacher Professional Development
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 22nd – May 24th – Middle School Trip to Chicago
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 3rd – iCademy Graduation
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – iCademy/Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
Ski Day Tomorrow – 2/5 – Makeup from 1/29 =)
Enjoy hanging out with some iCademy Friends at Bittersweet Ski Resort, tomorrow, Feb. 5th from 10am – 2pm. This is a rescheduled date from last week’s Snowpocalypse. =)
Reminder: High School Italy Meeting – Rescheduled for tomorrow 2/5
Representatives from Mr. Tyler’s Entrepreneurship Course asked me to share the attached information with you regarding a trip to Italy they are planning for June!
Please check out the upcoming informational meeting to be held both onsite and virtually at 4pm on Tuesday, February 5th
If you choose to join virtually, please use this link:
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Tyler at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
February Lunch Menu
Pizza/Sub Sale Info
If you don’t have kiddos in 3rd-8th grade you may ignore this message. If you do have these kiddos, below you will find important information regarding the sale.
- Hungry Howies medium pizza – sell @ $8, profit of $5/pizza
- Subs – 3 different types 2/$7, profit of $1.25/sub
- Starts today, ends Feb 12, pick up is Feb 28
- Goals of 800 pizzas sold and 3000 subs
- If we make our goal Hungry Howies is donating a pizza party to 20 sellers and Bob’s Butcher Block will give us an additional $0.25 profit per sub.
- How do I get to go to the party?
- Earn a raffle ticket for every 10 items sold
- Bonus 1: If we reach our 3,000 subs goal, we will award two extra raffle tickets to everyone who sold a sub!
- Bonus 2: If we reach our 800 pizza goal, we will award two extra raffle tickets to everyone who sold a pizza!
- We will draw raffle tickets after our Pizza/sub pick up on 2/28 and announce the winners on March 1
- Earn a raffle ticket for every 10 items sold
We are also looking for a few volunteers to help us make our sub and pizza sale run smoothly. We are looking for:
- 2-3 people with large vehicles to pick up sub sandwiches from Bob’s Butcher Block (120th/Felch, Holland) around 2pm on 2/28
- 6-10 people to help distribute/sort sub orders on 2/28 from 2:30-4:30pm
- 2-3 people to count/sort pizza certificates (can be done anytime between 2/26 and 2/28
If you are able to help with any of the above needs, please email Ms. Jody and Ms. Tatiana at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Please see below for parent letter and sales sheets:
Pizza & Sub sale info Parent Letter
Hungry Howies Pizza Fundraiser Sales Sheet
Live Locally? Interested in Enrolling a Kiddo at PRECADEMY?
Registration opens at our Youngest Friends Event – 6:30pm on February 11th. If you currently have a student at Precademy, please simply fill out the survey that was sent out by Ms. Kristie and Ms. Aimee so we know if you plan to re-enroll next year. There is no need to attend the Youngest Friends Event, if that is the case! If you are BRAND NEW to Precademy or did not have a kiddo registered there this year, you will want to attend the event to get registered. Questions? Please contact me at email@example.com
Teens and Vapes – Town Hall Meeting
Live Locally? Have An Interested Baseball/Softball Player?
Our program is focused on Travel Baseball and Softball, and we have several opportunities for for young men and women that might be interested in the sport. firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Old Info…Just in case =)
School Closings & Delays
Sad to say we are upon the season where weather delays/cancellations may be necessary.When it comes to weather we ALWAYS follow the lead of Zeeland Public Schools as that is the district in which we are located. If a cancellation happens, our campus will be closed, but STUDENTS CAN CONTINUE LEARNING AS NORMAL. Yay!!! Please see, below for notes on delay vs. cancellation.
In the event of campus CLOSING, please remember:
- All due dates still apply
- Students can reach teachers through Zoom, as normal
- No Live Lessons will take place on Mondays/Wednesdays
In the event of campus DELAY, please remember:
- If it is a Tues/Thurs, campus will not open until 11am and, if you need to order a lunch the only option will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
- If it is a Monday/Wednesday, no Live Lessons will take place
- Can reach your teachers through Zoom as normal
For K-5 Students – In the event of a DELAY or CLOSING:
- All due dates still apply
- Teachers will be available by Zoom as normal
- If it is a Tuesday there will be no live lessons
- If delay happens on Thursday, the only option for ordering will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
We try to pass along delay/closing information as soon as we are aware. Here’s how we will pass along that information to you:
- Rained Out Text to families
- Email to families
- Facebook Notification
- Broadcast on WZZM
- Broadcast on WOOD TV-8
If you have not yet signed up for the Rained Out Text messaging system, please simply enroll by:
- Opening your messaging app on your phone
- Type 84483 in the “to” section of messages
- In the “message” section, type icademy
- Press “send”
You should receive a message back indicating you are now part of the group! Easy!
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – email@example.com
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – firstname.lastname@example.org
4/5 – Mr. Tyler – email@example.com
6th – Ms. Mellissa – firstname.lastname@example.org
7th – Mr. Andy – email@example.com
8th – Mr. Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
9th – Ms. Janece – email@example.com
10th – Mr. Reid – firstname.lastname@example.org
11th – Ms. Amy – email@example.com
12th – Ms. Kris – firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com