Reminder: Semester ends on Friday, January 18th at 11:59pm. All work for 1st semester must be turned in on that day in order to receive credit.
Congratulations to Eshwar and Kate; our winner and runner up in the Innocademy/iCademy Spelling Bee on Thursday! Eshwar and Kate will be competing at the Ottawa County Regional Spelling Bee to be held in February. Congratulations!
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- January 18th – All 1st Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
- January 21st – Records Day for Teachers – No School for Students
- January 31st @ 4pm – High School Capstone Trip Meeting – onsite or virtual
- February 13th – State of Michigan Count Day
- February 18th – 24th – iCademy Break Week
- February 25th – School Resumes
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 22nd – May 24th – Middle School Trip to Chicago
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – iCademy/Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
High School Synergy Session – Ice Skating at Rosa Parks
If you are a high school student and would like to participate on January 24th from 1-3pm, please click on the link, below to sign up for the fun!
High School Capstone Trip – Italy!
If you are a high school student or parent and would like to find out more about the Capstone Trip to Italy, please plan to attend the information meeting on January 31st at 4pm either in person here at Homestead Campus or virtually at this link:
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Tyler at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope College Science Camps
Hope college runs some sweet science camps including programing, robotics, biology, animation, etc. Kids learn a ton while having fun!
Old Info…Just in case =)
REMINDER: End of 1st Semester = January 18th
Reminder that in order to be counted toward first semester credit, all coursework must be turned in no later than Friday, January 18th at 11:59pm.
Records day for teachers and no school for students on Monday, January 21st and our new semester begins on Tuesday, January 22nd.
January Lunch Menu
Have you always wanted to work at Homestead Campus? Here’s your chance! The positions, below, are paid positions, not volunteer. =)
We are currently looking for someone to help supervise the lunchroom. Hours are approximately 11:30 – 1:15 pm Monday – Friday during scheduled school days. The position could split by 2 people with each working 2 or 3 days per week. Duties include overseeing students in the lunchroom, assisting students with lunch, organizing lunchroom exit, and cleaning up lunchroom.
This position would be supporting the overall cleanliness and upkeep of the iCademy & Innocademy facilities for approximately 10 hours per week. Responsibilities include vacuuming, trash disposal, and light cleaning. Hours would occur in the evening outside of the regular school day. This would be an ideal job for high school students looking for a part time job.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please email Sara at email@example.com
School Closings & Delays
Sad to say we are coming upon the season where weather delays/cancellations may be necessary.When it comes to weather we ALWAYS follow the lead of Zeeland Public Schools as that is the district in which we are located. If a cancellation happens, our campus will be closed, but STUDENTS CAN CONTINUE LEARNING AS NORMAL. Yay!!! Please see, below for notes on delay vs. cancellation.
In the event of campus CLOSING, please remember:
- All due dates still apply
- Students can reach teachers through Zoom, as normal
- No Live Lessons will take place that day.
In the event of campus DELAY, please remember:
- If it is a Tues/Thurs, campus will not open until 11am and, if you need to order a lunch the only option will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
- If it is a Monday/Wednesday, no Live Lessons will take place
- Can reach your teachers through Zoom as normal
For K-5 Students – In the event of a DELAY or CLOSING:
- All due dates still apply
- Teachers will be available by Zoom as normal
- If it is a Tuesday there will be no live lessons
- If delay happens on Thursday, the only option for ordering will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
We try to pass along delay/closing information as soon as we are aware. Here’s how we will pass along that information to you:
- Rained Out Text to families
- Email to families
- Facebook Notification
- Broadcast on WZZM
- Broadcast on WOOD TV-8
If you have not yet signed up for the Rained Out Text messaging system, please simply enroll by:
- Opening your messaging app on your phone
- Type 84483 in the “to” section of messages
- In the “message” section, type icademy
- Press “send”
You should receive a message back indicating you are now part of the group! Easy!
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – firstname.lastname@example.org
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – email@example.com
4/5 – Mr. Tyler – firstname.lastname@example.org
6th – Ms. Mellissa – email@example.com
7th – Mr. Andy – firstname.lastname@example.org
8th – Mr. Ryan – email@example.com
9th – Ms. Janece – firstname.lastname@example.org
10th – Mr. Reid – email@example.com
11th – Ms. Amy – firstname.lastname@example.org
12th – Ms. Kris – email@example.com
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. firstname.lastname@example.org