REMINDER – Friday Schedule – No School on Friday, June 16th
Such a fun week of graduation celebration as we cheered on our nineteen graduates of 8th grade and THIRTY FOUR graduates at high school! Thanks to all of our families and friends for celebrating with us!
100 DAYS OF GETTING OUTSIDE CHALLENGE WRAP UP
COMMUNITY PASSPORT INFORMATION FOR FALL
Community Passport Program sign-up is here!
Community Passport Program is an elective option for students to choose an Art, Music or PE course in their community and combine that with an online course for the semester. The majority of learning happens in students’ communities in lessons with the partner combined with some online reflections, time and attendance logs, and a final project making up the remainder of the course. If you choose to work with one of our current partners, we will pay up to $300 towards the class/lessons (sign-up fees, uniforms, recital fees, etc are not included). If you want to partner with someone not on our list, we will do our best to create a partnership, so we can help cover the cost.
So exciting! I’m interested! Now what?
- Check out the current list of partners to see all the cool things you can do through a CP elective.
- Use the direct links to see their specific classes, lessons, policies, availability and costs
- Keep in mind some partners require a full year (2 semester) commitment
- Don’t see a partner on the list that you would like to work with? No problem! Please enroll in their course and give us their contact info in the application linked below and we will do our best to work out a partnership with them. Please note that it is still possible to earn credit through a CP class without a partnership, iCademy will just not be able to contribute $300 towards the lessons.
- Connect with the partner of interest to sign up or hold your spot for the fall. Don’t wait, their classes fill quickly! Make sure they know your student is participating as a student at iCademy Global.
- Fill out the application so we can enroll your student in the correct course in Lincoln (6-12) or FlexPoint (K-5).
- You may sign up for one or both semesters. Your partner doesn’t need to be the same each semester if you want to change it up.
- NEW this year: All sign-ups for both first AND second semester are due by June 20, 2023
JUNE LUNCH MENU
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM HOLLAND CHRISTIAN FOOD SERVICE
Making online lunch payments- new site.
To deposit lunch money into the meal magic portal, there is a new site address:
hollandchristian.familyportal.cloud Everything will look the same, you won’t have a drop-down for the school site.
Thank you for taking care of your balances! Have a great summer!
STAY WELL SUMMER PROGRAM INFORMATION
No doubt your kids are excited about summer break. How do you keep their minds engaged during the summer months and continue building their social-emotional wellness? How can caregivers keep their stress in check when the kids are around so much? And how can the family prepare for a smooth reentry to school?
The Stay Well program created this packet of resources to help. Among the RESOURCES LOCATED HERE, you will find:
- A summer calendar full of wellness tips and activity suggestions.
- A summer bucket list worksheet to help family members brainstorm what they’d
like to do this summer.
- Self-care tips for parents and caregivers—because your mental wellness is key to a smooth-running summer.
- Family conversation-starters for fun ways to get kids thinking, imagining and verbalizing.
- Back-to-school preparation tips to make the return less chaotic.
ATTENTION MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOLERS – FUN SUMMER ART CLASSES THROUGH CULTURE WORKS!
All of our multi-week classes are offered on a “pay-what-you-can-afford” system. The full price of a 9-week class is $275 and the full price of a summer 6-week class is $185, but you can choose the amount you are able to pay when you register. Additionally, we offer transportation to class from West Ottawa or Holland Public Schools and home from multi-week classes, to students living in Holland. CultureWorks seeks to provide equal access for art and design classes to all middle school and high school students, regardless of physical ability, ethnic, racial, gender, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds.
NO KID HUNGRY INFORMATION
For information on receiving food throughout the summer, please use the information, below:
JUNE FOOD PANTRY INFORMATION – OTTAWA COUNTY
TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION FROM MS. SHERRI
Hello iCademy Students!
As we approach the end of the school year here at iCademy you need to take time to go through some housekeeping items related to technology.
Upon completion of your 2nd-semester course work please choose one of the available options to turn in the iCademy laptop, charger, and other accessories (such as the MIFI unit). Prior to dropping off, save any information or documents you wish to retain to a personal source.
If the device(s) are returned without damage, then no fees will be charged to you.
If the device is not returned then a fee will be assigned for the full replacement cost of the device(s). If the fee is not paid or the device is not returned then the device will be considered lost or stolen and will be subject to legal action.
If the distance to campus is an issue please Email email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
If you are participating in iCademy’s summer school program please do not turn in the device. Upon completion of summer school please Email firstname.lastname@example.org to turn in your school device and charger.
Device turn-in dates:
- Seniors may turn in their devices at Graduation on June 5th
- K – 11th Graders Visit Device Return & 10-Year Celebration Event – Tuesday, June 20th – 5-7 pm (see details in flyer, below)
- June 21st – June 29th – Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 3:30pm @ iCademy Global in Zeeland
Please contact technology with any questions or concerns regarding student device collection. email@example.com
Sherri Wheeldon – iCademy Technology
MARK YOUR CALENDARS – ICADEMY 10-YEAR CELEBRATION AND DEVICE RETURN
2023 – 2024 iCADEMY SCHOOL CALENDAR
2024 – 2025 iCADEMY SCHOOL CALENDAR
REMINDER: HOMESTEAD CAMPUS IS NUT FREE
We have students on campus who have severe allergies to nuts of any kind. Please use extra caution when packing snacks, bringing treats to school, and enjoying lunches so that we can keep all of our students safe.