Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in RED =)
- March 8th and 9th – Robotics Competition all day at St. Joseph High School
- March 12th – iCademy 10-11am Skating Party – RESCHEDULED from 3/5
- March 14th – 1/2 Day Teacher Professional Development
- March 15th – No School – Teacher Professional Development
- March 22nd and 23rd – Robotics Competition all day at Grand Valley State University
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 22nd – May 24th – Middle School Trip to Chicago
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 3rd – iCademy Graduation
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 9th – 15th – iCademy/Innocademy students visit Washington D.C.
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
March Lunch Menu
iCademy Skating Party – RESCHEDULED
Due to the weather forecasted for tomorrow we are re-scheduling to next Tuesday, March 12th from 10am – 11am at Home Roller Rink 12521 James St, #A, Holland, MI · (616) 298-7118
Skating Party: Join us for an iCademy Roller Skating Party!
Who: K-12 students/Parents
Where: ‘The Rink’ in Holland
When: Tuesday, March 12th from 10:00 – 11:00 am
Please use the Sign Up to let us know if you can make it: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C094CA5A822A4FE3-k12
Team 5927 – Robotics Competition Schedule
Come support the iCademy Globetrotters in their upcoming Robotics Competitions this month! They are excited to compete in St. Joseph on March 8th and 9th and Grand Valley State University on March 22nd and 23rd. Keep an eye on www.team5927.com for schedule and details.
Encouraging Literacy in iCademy Students
How to encourage literacy in young children and BEYOND! How can parents best help their children with their schooling without actually doing it for them? This article is part of our series on Parents’ Role in Education, focusing on how best to support learning from early childhood to Year 12.
Old Info…Just in case =)
School Closings & Delays
Sad to say we are upon the season where weather delays/cancellations may be necessary.When it comes to weather we ALWAYS follow the lead of Zeeland Public Schools as that is the district in which we are located. If a cancellation happens, our campus will be closed, but STUDENTS CAN CONTINUE LEARNING AS NORMAL. Yay!!! Please see, below for notes on delay vs. cancellation.
In the event of campus CLOSING, please remember:
- All due dates still apply
- Students can reach teachers through Zoom, as normal
- No Live Lessons will take place on Mondays/Wednesdays
In the event of campus DELAY, please remember:
- If it is a Tues/Thurs, campus will not open until 11am and, if you need to order a lunch the only option will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
- If it is a Monday/Wednesday, no Live Lessons will take place
- Can reach your teachers through Zoom as normal
For K-5 Students – In the event of a DELAY or CLOSING:
- All due dates still apply
- Teachers will be available by Zoom as normal
- If it is a Tuesday there will be no live lessons
- If delay happens on Thursday, the only option for ordering will be HOT lunch. No option #2.
We try to pass along delay/closing information as soon as we are aware. Here’s how we will pass along that information to you:
- Rained Out Text to families
- Email to families
- Facebook Notification
- Broadcast on WZZM
- Broadcast on WOOD TV-8
If you have not yet signed up for the Rained Out Text messaging system, please simply enroll by:
- Opening your messaging app on your phone
- Type 84483 in the “to” section of messages
- In the “message” section, type icademy
- Press “send”
You should receive a message back indicating you are now part of the group! Easy!
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – email@example.com
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – firstname.lastname@example.org
4/5 – Mr. Tyler – email@example.com
6th – Ms. Melinda – firstname.lastname@example.org
7th – Mr. Andy – email@example.com
8th – Mr. Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
9th – Ms. Janece – email@example.com
10th – Mr. Reid – firstname.lastname@example.org
11th – Ms. Amy – email@example.com
12th – Ms. Kris – firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com