CONGRATULATIONS, Robotics Team #5927!
A huge congratulations to our robotics team for WINNING their first district competition of the season in St. Joseph last week! Not only that, but they were awarded the Creativity Award at the competition as well! We are so proud of you!!! Come join us to cheer on the team at Grand Valley State University on March 19-21st! Goooooo Globetrotters!
Check out Five Strand Fusion!
Congratulations to iCademy Student, Tristan K. and his band, Five Strand Fusion for their awesome collaboration! You can see them live and in action by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/localspins/videos/205720390666098/?vh=e&d=n
Also, if you have ideas for where this band can perform, feel free to reach out to Tristan’s mom, Renee at
The IES family of schools is monitoring the situation regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and will work under the guidance of the Michigan Department of Health and our various County Health Departments to ensure the safety of everyone in our school community. We want to remind our school community that the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are the same as preventing the cold and flu, and include:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water.
- Covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying home when you are sick.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend the use of facemasks for the generalpublic.
The practices identified above are taught as part of our health curriculum to help protect students from common illnesses such as a cold and influenza. Our teachers will review these strategies at school, and we encourage parents/guardians to review these strategies with your child as well.
If your child is ill, keep them home from school and notify the school of your child’s absence. A child with a heavy cough and cold, vomiting, and/or fever should stay home. A child must be fever free, without fever reducing medication, for 24 hours before returning to school. We encourage parents/guardians to seek medical attention from a healthcare professional should your child have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
The safety, health, and well-being of our staff, students and school community will, as always, continue to be our priority. We will continue monitoring the development of COVID-19 and plan accordingly in partnership with local, state, and federal health and government officials.
Learn more about COVID-19:
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ Coronavirus website, plus:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Coronavirus website, plus: What the public should do to prevent the spread of Coronavirus
- Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus (from Teaching Tolerance)
- Current Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University
Fundraising Information – Bulbs & Pizza
Our next fundraising opportunity is the flower bulb sale and what a perfect time of the year. This is a great opportunity to share with families and friends or even around your neighborhood.
Here is how it works:
- Students share out the link below to all their family, friends, neighbors and anyone else, doesn’t matter their location in Zeeland/Holland or across the Country – it can be any state in the US. Once they have the link they sign up to buy some flower bulbs – during their sign up as they proceed to check out they put the students name down and 50% of what they spend goes directly into that students account.
- At checkout, customers enter their credit card and shipping information. There are fields for group name (required) and seller’s name (not required). If tracking individual sales, remind customers to enter the seller’s name at checkout.
- Once all the info is put in, the flower bulbs get mailed directly to the buyer – the fundraiser is open until the trip in May, if you are not planning on going on this trip you can save the money for the next trip at iCademy you are interested in – it could be for next year’s Middle School or High School International Trip or the more local trip.
Below is the link for students to share with others – just remind them to add the students name, so they get credit. Please connect with Mr. Andy firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have any questions or concerns.
iCademy Rollerskating Fun!!!
It’s almost Roller Skating time! Please use the signup below to signup for Roller Skating with iCademy families at the Holland Rink 12521 James St, Holland, MI 49424 on Tuesday March 24th from 10am – 12pm.
This is a great time to hangout and skate together, please know you don’t need any experience in skating to join us and you can even just hang out while others skate. There are more details and pricing in the sign up – please let email@example.com know if you have questions!
Learning Differences and Transition to Adulthood
Attached are a few fliers of local events designed to support students with learning differences as they transition to adulthood. Take a peek and let me know if you have any questions – they should be very informative!
- Grand Haven Transition Night
- March 5th from 6:00-7:30pm
- Grand Haven High School Library
- Legal and Benefit Planning for Families Living with Disability with Dan Blauw
- March 11th from 7:00-8:30pm at
- Watermark Church in Grand Haven
- Access Expo
- March 18th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Grand Haven Community Center
- City of Holland Job Fair
- March 21st from 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Windmill Island
- Part time and seasonal jobs available – great opportunities for students and young adults
- Getting and Keeping the First Job
- April 16th from 6:00-8:00pm
- OAISD-Educational Services Building
- Parent Workshop – light dinner will be served – registration required
Please feel free to share the fliers with family, friends or community members that you think would benefit!
* Old Info – In Case You Missed it =)
March Lunch Menu
Want To Do A Practice SAT Test?
Mr. Mike has arranged to administer a practice SAT test for any juniors interested in participating on Tuesday, March 31st from 9am – 2pm here at iCademy in the K-5 space. Please connect with Mr. Mike if you have questions.
Spring Testing Information 3rd – 11th Graders
Please mark your calendars for the important dates listed in the attachments, below:
Robotics Team Competition Schedule
If you’d like to cheer on our team this year, they’d love to have you!
West Michigan District (at GVSU) – March 19th – 21st
State Championships – April 8th – 11th
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, asap, Mr. Kevin, our offsite Vector tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005.
What’s Parent Portal?
In order to receive updated training videos and to access your student accounts, you can always log into the icademy portal located on your student’s desktop or found at the link, below:
Live Lesson Schedules
If you are ever lost – – or at another computer and would like to login to the Orientation section where you will find all of the videos, your coursework OR your parent portal, you are able to do so with one simple click!
At the very top of the website found at iCademyGlobal.org, you will see “Student Portal”
This “Student Portal” is where you will find your orientation information and be able to login to view any videos you wish! Pssst… this is great for parents, too! It’s always a GREAT place to start if you are rusty on how to do something. =) Simply login with your email@example.com and your password
If you are a parent and are hoping to quick take a peek at how your student is doing for the day finishing his/her assignments, you can click on the “Parent Portal” link. Psst….this also works if you are a student working on a different device for the day. Simply click on the link and login as you always do =).
The login screen may look like this…
Or it may look like this. Either screen will get you to your course content or parent observer account. Remember, username is firstname.lastname and your password.