REMINDER: Altered Live Lesson Schedule and Onsite Time due to Tulip Time 1/2 days this week:
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9TH
- Live Lessons as normal
- No afternoon VOs
- Altered Live Lesson Schedule
- No afternoon VOs
THURSDAY, MAY 10TH
- RE:FUEL open until noon. Please choose to stay home if you are unable to leave at 12pm as our campus will be closed for the remainder of the day.
- No afternoon VOs
- Onsite time dismisses at noon.
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- May 9th & May 10th – 1/2 Day for Tulip Time – ReFUEL Closed at 12pm/Students Dismissed at 12:00pm
- May 15th – Virtual Parent Meeting @ 6:30pm
- May 19th – Whole Community Hoopla at Innocademy Allegan – Everyone Welcome!
- May 20th – 25th – High School Backpacking Adventure to Pennsylvania!
- Friday, May 25th – Professional Development Day – No School
- May 28th – June 3rd – iCademy Break Week – No School
- June 4th – School Resumes
- June 4th – iCademy Graduation – 6pm – Graduates report at 5pm
- June 8th, 15th, 22nd – Enjoy Fridays – No School!
- June 10th – 16th – Middle School East Coast Trip with Innocademy
- August 2nd – Orientation for 2018-2019 School Year!
NEW Info For This Week!
VIRTUAL PARENT MEETING – Tues, May 15th
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the iCademy Global Virtual Parent Meeting at 6:30pm on Tuesday, May 15th (sorry…this may have accidentally been listed at 6pm, earlier.). Be looking in your email from a link to those meeting rooms as we get closer.
We will be holding 3 separate meetings (meetings will be recorded and sent out for those that would like to attend more than one =)
Because we will be doing LOTS of talking about what to expect next year, we are splitting the grade levels just a little bit differently during this meeting:
K-4th, 5th -7th and 8th – 12th
Check Out Camp Infinity!
Camp Infinity is a four-day summer technology camp for girls entering 5th to 8th grade that introduces technology as fun and fulfilling and inspires the pursuit of technology education. MCWT Foundation created it to address the primary reasons girls lose interest in technology: confidence, social relevance, and social (peer) acceptance. The camp:
- ● Builds confidence and capability with hands-on technology activities such as robotics and web design
- ● Demonstrates that technology is fun through the execution of engaging projects with other girls, with high school/collegiate girls as counselors
- ● Reinforces social relevance by featuring visitors from the local technology community that explain how their work is important to society at large
Learn more by clicking on the “Camp Infinity Flyer 2018”, below:
Register using the link, below:
OLD Info…In Case You Missed It =)
May Lunch Menu
Whole Community Hoopla – Innocademy Allegan – May 19th
Did you know that race entry is only $10 and includes a t-shirt! Wow!
EVERYONE is invited to the Whole Community Hoopla on Saturday, May 19th! Join our friends at Innocademy Allegan Campus for a great day of fun!
If you are interested in participating in the Craft Fair, please see the application, here:
If you are interested in participating in the 5K Race or 1 mile Fun Run, please see the application, here:
If you know someone – or ARE someone who would like to sponsor the race, please see the information, here:
Summer Suess Day – Saturday, June 16th
The Summer Seuss Day is June 16th from 10A- 2P at the Hudsonville Fairgrounds. Link is provided if you’d like to check out the details. Volunteer opportunities will be in food service, game monitoring, and general clean up. Questions? Please email Alex at
Summer Technology Camp Opportunity for Girls
Camp Infinity is a week-long summer technology camp for girls entering 5th to 8th grade that introduces technology as fun and fulfilling and inspires the pursuit of technology education. MCWT Foundation created it to address the primary reasons girls lose interest in technology: confidence, social relevance, and social (peer) acceptance.
- Builds confidence and capability with hands-on technology activities such as robotics and computer game design
- Demonstrates that technology is fun through the execution of engaging projects with other girls, with high school girls as counselors
- Reinforces social relevance by featuring visitors from the local technology community that explain how their work is important to society at large
Founded in 2004, Camp Infinity helps spark girls’ interest in math and science, which tends to decrease during middle-school years. It separates the girls into two groups of 20 by grade to better cater to their technological experience. The fourth and fifth grade girls focus on website, app and video game design while the sixth and seventh graders focus on robotics and web and app design.
During lunch, professionals from leading area companies meet with the girls and encourage them to continue learning about technology. Access to role models like these reinforces the rewards and opportunities a career in technology can bring.
Date: Holland – July 16th thru July 19th
- Lunch will be provided each day.
- Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided each day.
- All camp supplies will be provided.
- Camp Infinity times are from 8:30am-3:30pm Monday – Thursday
- Cost: $75/camper. Limited scholarships are available to reduce the cost to $25/camper.
Link to Camp Infinity Holland website
(If the link doesn’t work, the URL is:
Questions? Please contact DuAnne Masselink firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Backpacking Adventure Opportunity!
- Please note the itinerary listed in the attachment says leaving on Monday. Everything should be backed up one day to leave on Sunday, instead.
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Virtual Office Links!
Middle School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: MSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
High School Virtual Office Information:
UserName: HSvirtualoffice Password: #iCademy09
School Calendar for 2017-2018
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year, beginning August 7th!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com