Thanks Mr. Reid and Mr. Andy for planning such a great pond experience!
Was great to see some of our virtual students, too! Thanks, Ms. Mel, for operating the Zoom room from the pond!
Mark Your Calendars, Please! NEW items in BOLD=)
- September 20th – High School Synergy Session – Escape Room
- October 3rd – State of Michigan Count Day
- October 12th – October 21st – iCademy Break Week
- October 22nd – School Resumes
- November 19th – 25th – iCademy Break Week – Happy Thanksgiving!
- November 26th – School Resumes
- December 21st – 1/2 day for students – Break begins at 12:30pm
- December 24th – January 6th – Holiday Break Weeks
- January 7th – School Resumes
- January 18th – All 1st Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
- January 21st – Records Day for Teachers – No School for Students
- February 13th – State of Michigan Count Day
- February 18th – 24th – iCademy Break Week
- February 25th – School Resumes
- March 29th – April 7th – iCademy Spring Break
- April 8th – School Resumes
- May 8th & 9th – 1/2 Days for Tulip Time – Break begins at 12:30pm
- May 24th – June 2nd – iCademy Break Week
- June 3rd – School Resumes
- June 7th, 14th, 21st – Enjoy your Fridays – No School for Students
- June 20th – All 2nd Semester coursework due at 11:59pm
NEW Info For This Week!
MAPs Testing Information
- Onsite testing: Tuesday, September 11, and Thursday, September 13 from 9a-3p (2p is the latest start time)
- Benefit: More natural standardized testing environment
- Drawback: Students are still responsible for course work assigned on those days.
- Virtual testing: Monday, September 17, through Wednesday, September 19.
Benefit: Course work for specific subjects on their test days (Monday-ELA, Tuesday-Math, Wednesday-Science) has been removed to allow students to put their focus on doing their best for MAPs.
- Drawback: Students may be more prone to distractions which takes away from their performance
As always, if you have any questions, please contact your mentor or teacher. We are happy to help!
High School Synergy Session
K-12 Art Prize Field Experience – September 25th
Sign up genius will be published, SOON!!! =)
Old Info…Just in case =)
September Lunch Menu
Pizza Extra Slice Price = $1.50
Each day that pizza is on the menu, your student has the opportunity to order two slices or 1. If your child opts for the additional piece of pizza, their lunch account will be charged an additional $1.50. Questions? Please email Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Observer (Parent) Accounts And Access
Each of you has an observer account so that you can stay connected and informed of your child’s progress with his/her schoolwork. Please take a peek at the short video for more information on how to access. https://youtu.be/qR2F5gYmv60
Don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher/mentor, listed below, with any questions you may ever have.
K/1 – Ms. Deedee – email@example.com
2/3 – Ms. Katelyn – firstname.lastname@example.org
4/5 – Mr. Brett – email@example.com
6th – Ms. Mellissa – firstname.lastname@example.org
7th – Mr. Andy – email@example.com
8th – Mr. Ryan – firstname.lastname@example.org
9th – Ms. Janece – email@example.com
10th – Mr. Reid – firstname.lastname@example.org
11th – Ms. Amy – email@example.com
12th – Ms. Kris – firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: Attendance Information
Congratulations on completing Session #1 at iCademy Global! It’s been an exciting start to another year helping your child learn and grow! As we know, regular school attendance is extremely important to the overall success of your child. Increasing school attendance can be a very complex issue that requires a team effort and a systematic approach. The collaboration of the community, families, schools, courts and other agencies is essential if we are to increase school attendance.
iCademy Global, like Ottawa County, believes in the value of regular school attendance and the impact that it has on student achievement and the overall success of each child. We are shifting our mindset away from focusing on whether an absence is excused verses unexcused to focusing on being in school on a regular basis. It is our goal to help provide supports and resources so your child can be engaging in school every day. If you are struggling to get your child to engage in school on a daily basis, please let us know so we can start to collaborate and assist in any way possible.
Below, you will find the Attendance Policy for Ottawa County; keeping in mind that our goal is regular attendance. The new Attendance Policy was adopted by the County to help provide common language and attendance coding for each district. The policy also clearly defines chronic absenteeism and truancy. Please take note of these definitions as well as the other definitions in the policy. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you to make this a successful school year!
Annual Asbestos Notification
REMINDER: Free/Reduced Lunch – Please don’t skip this paragraph – – everyone needs to read it! =)
Learning Environment Expectations
Please take a moment and watch this 7 minute video from Ms. Mellissa regarding learning environment expectations.
Shopping Amazon? Consider AmazonSmile!
Did you know that for every purchase you make on AmazonSmile, our school receives a donation? That’s right! AmazonSmile works EXACTLY like Amazon. Same great deals and shipping! When you login, be sure to select INNOVATIVE EDUCATION SERVICES as your designated organization and we will receive a percentage of each purchase. Easy!
Family Resource Guide
For all of the information you ever could wish to know about iCademy – – and MORE, please see the Family Resource Guide. iCademy Family Resource Guide 18-19
Handicapped Parking Spaces
There are spaces next to the building on each side for those who need them. Unless you have a sticker, mirror tag or license plate indicating a need to park in those spaces, please park in the spaces located in the bigger lot areas – – even if you are intending to only be there for a quick minute. Thank you!
Hand 2 Hand
Such a great FREE program! If your family is in need of food support, please take a peek at the information and application, below. Backpacks are delivered to campus every Thursday for students to take home for the weekend.
Hand2Hand Food Program
Calendar for 2018-2019 School Year
Please see the attachment for the 18-19 School Year.
Live Lesson Schedule
Reminder that live lessons happen each Monday and Wednesday of the school year!!
Having Tech Troubles?
If you are having issues with your computer and need technical assistance, Mr. Kevin, our offsite tech team lead, has said the smoothest way to get solutions in place would be to call 616-502-2572 or 866-629-8005. email@example.com
Middle School Athletics Available – Sign Up, ASAP!
- Athletic Eligibility Form
- OK Conf Physical_Form
- Concussion Awareness
- Concussion Training Link
- Emergency Contact Sheet
- $60.00 Check made out to Corpus Christi Catholic Schools
Have you turned in all of your homework assignments on time and completed to the best of your ability?
Are you giving 100 % effort in your classes, in regards to yourstudies, homework, and tests?
Are you showing respect to teachers, classmates, fellow team members, etc?
Uniforms & Fees
Boys and Girls Cross Country
Boys and Girls Track