Need a Part Time Job? We’ve Got One!
Food service is in need of help from 9am-2pm each day. This position could be a job share position. Pay is $13.00/ hour in a fun, flexible work environment. Work around your child’s school schedule. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
8 Tips to Boost Mental Health and Wellness for Students
- Eat Healthy. Attaining a healthy dietcomes with a variety of benefits, such as a boost in your mood and energy level, improved memory, and better overall brain function.
- Get Plenty of Sleep. A lack of sleep may have you feeling tired, unfocused, and overwhelmed.
- Be Active. Regular exercise, such as walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming has been proven to reducesymptoms of anxiety and depression, and improve mood and blood circulation.
- Build a Strong Social Support Network. Reaching out to others can help you overcome feelings of isolation.
- Engage in Hobbies. Whether you enjoypainting, hiking, running, reading a book, or fishing, take time to step away from the demands of your busy life and focus on a hobby or activity you enjoy.
- Disconnect from Negativity. When we are stressed out, we often engage in negative behaviors such as eating too uch, too much screen time, and other negative habits.
- Reward Yourself. Recognizing your value and worth, reaching your goals, and accomplishing difficult tasksare just a few things that prove you are doing a good job.
- Be Grateful. When you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed, it can be difficult to feel gratitude. Keep a gratitude journal, and focus on the positives in your life. People who regularly express gratitude for the positives in their lives are shown to be happier overall, leading to lower rates of stress and depression.
Whole School Synergy Session – September 17th – Crane’s Apple Orchard
Please join us for some apple picking and bring your own lunch in the Fennville apple orchard on Friday, September 17th! Cranes is located at 6054 124th Ave, Fennville, MI 49408.
What to Expect:
Cranes is a great place to enjoy a picnic lunch and all kinds of other fall activities.
Feel free to check out THEIR WEBSITE to answer any questions you may have about any extra-cost activities they may have open that day.
Please plan to arrive at 11 as we will meet together and connect then head out to the orchard for apple picking! Keep your eye out for the iCademy flag, right up the little hill to the left of the main building (a little red barn) across from that is a wide open area between orchards.If you wish to enjoy a lunch that you brought from home, feel free to bring a blanket to set up at 12:30 back in our meeting spot.
Please sign up HERE so we know who to keep an eye out for =)
Nut Free Campus
REMINDER: We do have students on campus with severe nut allergies. For this reason, we ask that students do not bring any nut products to school for lunch or snacks and refrain from sharing food with their classmates. Thanks for helping us keep everyone safe.
September Lunch Menu
Please see, below for the breakfast/lunch menu for September. You will notice that students at Innocademy have 1/2 day on Friday, September 24th. iCademy students will be able to continue working for the full day =).
Fall Testing Opportunity for High School Students
We are offering an opportunity to take the PSAT or SAT on October 13th, 2021. This is NOT A REQUIRED TEST SESSION. There will still be a required test session for PSAT and SAT in the spring of this school year. If you would like to take advantage of this additional test opportunity for either of these tests, please sign up HERE. Sign up is due SEPTEMBER 13th
If you indicate that you would like to participate in this test session, we will follow up with additional information (time, location, etc).
iCademy High School Team
Has Your Child Already Taken the PSAT/SAT Test and You’d Like To View Scores?
If your child has taken the P/SAT in the past, you can access those results directly through their College Board account: Student Score Reports (collegeboard.org).
If you need help setting that account up, you can call the College Board helpline: 866-433-7728.
Once you have those scores, if would like help understanding them, please be in touch with Ms. Laura firstname.lastname@example.org
Precademy Reserved Parking Spaces
Thank you for not parking in the entire “Reserved-Precademy” area on the map, below. This has been helpful for our youngest friends during their afternoon dismissal each day. There are yellow Precademy signs in that area to help remind you =).
RE:Fuel is open for all middle/high school students on Tuesday and Thursday from 9am – 3pm. The purpose of Re:Fuel is to offer a space for Middle and High school students to be engaged with their learning and each other. You can come for an hour, the whole day or not at all! The RE:Fuel Coffee shop is up and running! We have students who have been trained to help run the coffee shop! Purchases can be made with cash only at this time.
HOW DO I SIGN UP? (Remember, you will see the sign up appear FRIDAY 12:00 PM-MONDAY 5:00 pm)
- Login to your iCademy Student Portal: iCademy Portal
- Look for the “RE:Fuel Sign-Up” below the “Apps” section
- You can sign-up for breakfast and lunch at this time
If you have any questions or have any issues with sign up now or throughout the year, please reach out to me at email@example.com or your child can reach me on Zoom!
Thursday Pizza Lunch – On Campus MS/HS Students
If your student is ordering a second slice of pizza during lunch on Thursdays, that is not included within the free breakfast/lunch federal grant. The cost for an extra slice is $1.50. Please send that money in a labeled envelope with your child’s name so that they can give that to Ms. Stacy. Please do not send loose cash/coins =).
Coming On Campus? Mask Reminder
In partnership with Ottawa County Department of Public Health, beginning Monday, August 23rd, all students, staff and visitors at IES schools who are 4 years of age and older are required to wear a mask while indoors until further notice. This includes those in the Hybrid Program and Re:Fuel.
Is Your Student Sick? Should They Come To Campus? Please Follow This Flowchart
You can also use this super helpful INTERACTIVE FLOWCHART, if you prefer
Follow Us on Facebook
Feel free to join us at our public page iCademy Global as well as our iCademy Parent Group Page.
I Have a Tech Problem – What Do I Do?
Please direct all of your technology issues to our technology coordinator, Ms. Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
and she will be happy to help you as quickly as she can.