Wishing you and your family a wonderful, relaxing holiday season!
School Resumes on Monday, January 8th
Mark Your Calendar, Please…
- December 22nd – No School For Students and Staff – Holiday Break Begins
- December 22nd – January 7th – Holiday Break
- January 8th – School Resumes
- January 15th – Martin Luther King Day – No School for Students or Staff
- January 16th – Exam Week for High School
- January 19th – End of 1st semester. All coursework due by 11:59pm
- January 22nd – Records Day – No School for Students
- January 23rd – 2nd Semester begins
- January 26th – Report Cards Emailed home by 5pm
- February 14th – State of Michigan Student Count Day
- February 16th – Professional Development Day – No School for Students
- February 19th – 23rd – Winter Break Week
- February 26th- School Resumes
- March 11th – 16th – HS Capstone Trip to SW United States
- April 29 – May 3rd – MS Capstone Trip to Williamsburg, VA & Virginia Beach
Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 15th. No School For Students or Staff
Student Support Newsletter for December
January Hot Lunch Menu
End of First Semester – Friday, January 19th
Please be aware that all first-semester assignments, projects and assessments MUST be turned in by Friday, January 19th in order to receive credit. Questions. PLEASE reach out to your mentor or teacher.
Community Passport Program 2nd semester sign-up is here!
Community Passport Program is an elective option for students to choose an Art, Music or PE course in their community and combine that with an online course for the semester. The majority of learning happens in students’ communities in lessons with the partner combined with some online reflections, time and attendance logs, and a final project making up the remainder of the course. If you choose to work with one of our current partners, we will pay up to $300 towards the class/lessons (sign-up fees, uniforms, recital fees, etc are not included). If you want to partner with someone not on our list, we will do our best to create a partnership, so we can help cover the cost. If we aren’t able to work out a partnership for payment, your student will still receive school credit for their learning.
So exciting! I’m interested! Now what?
- Check out the current list of partners to see all the cool things you can do through a CP elective.
- Use the direct links to see their specific classes, lessons, policies, availability, location(s) and costs
- Keep in mind some partners require a full year (2 semester) commitment
- Don’t see a partner on the list that you would like to work with? No problem! There is still a way for you to participate.
- Connect with the partner of interest to sign up or hold your spot for the upcoming semester. Don’t wait, their classes fill quickly! Make sure your chosen partner knows your student is participating as a student at iCademy Global.
- If your partner is not on the approved list, please still enroll in the class. You can let us know your preferred partner’s information in step 3.
- Fill out the application so we can enroll your student in the correct course in Lincoln (6-12) or FlexPoint (K-5).
- If your preferred partner is new to us, you will be prompted to share their contact information in the application. We will do our best to work out a partnership with them. Please note that it is still possible to earn credit through a CP class without a partnership, iCademy will just not be able to contribute $300 towards the lessons.
December Ottawa County Food Pantry Calendar
Live Locally? FREE Monthly STEM Workshops – January Info!
The program is called Exploring Engineering and STEM and is for tweens 8-12years old. Each month we focus on a different career area of STEM. One or more professionals will share what they do for a career with the kids and how they got into it, plus answer questions. Then kids do a hands-on activity related to the career area. The program meets once a month on Thursdays from 6:30-7:30 PM, at the North Branch of Herrick District Library located at 155 Riley Street in Holland. No need to sign up ahead of time, simply show up if you would like to attend.
iCademy Counselor Information
Parent/Observer Account Update for Middle/High School Families
Lincoln Learning has recently updated what you will see when logging into Pulse to get to Buzz.
URGENT REMINDER – HOMESTEAD CAMPUS IS A NUT-FREE SCHOOL COMMUNITY
Because we have students and staff with life-threatening allergies to peanuts and tree nuts it’s incredibly important that we are vigilant about remaining a completely nut-free campus.
If your child visits Re:FUEL please make sure anything they bring for a snack or lunch does not contain peanuts or tree nuts. For some of our students and staff, unknowingly touching an area besmudged with nut residue or nut butter of any sort and then touching their mouth, eyes or nose is enough to send them into anaphylactic shock, closing their airway and necessitating immediate life-saving medical attention. Thank you for your help in keeping all of our students and staff safe.
Let’s Highlight Your AMAZING Kiddos!
We want to showcase the awesome things our school community is doing across our social media pages! Did one of your children accomplish something awesome outside of school? Do you have pictures from a Field Trip / Special Event that should be highlighted? Did a student submit an assignment that impressed you? Please use THIS FORM to simplify the process! *please note, there is a 5 image MAX, choose wisely.* -Social Media Team
’23-’24 iCademy Family Resource Guide
If you’ve not already done so, please read through the iCademy Family Resource Guide for this year so that you are familiar with daily life at iCademy. As always, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach
Who Ya Gonna Call….(not Ghostbusters =)?
As you get started or work through the school year, we know that things will come up for your family because….well, life happens! Please use the guide, below as a starting point for your questions
Weekly Engagement Reports Via Email
Each week you will see an engagement report for your child’s engagement from the previous week. This is a detailed summary of their participation in their coursework from the week before and it will show their attendance in Live Lessons. See the video below for more information