BREAKFAST/LUNCH SIGN UP/PICK UP – JUNE 11th
Students at iCademy Global are able to receive 5 days worth of breakfasts/lunches.
Please note that the orders must be placed no later than MONDAYS BY NOON.
Pick up time has also changed to be on FRIDAY FROM 11-11:15AM.
- THIS SIGN UP is open for next week’s breakfast/lunches for our families with students who are virtual learners. 5 days of lunches and breakfasts available for each kiddo 18 and under.
- Deadline for sign-up are MONDAYS AT NOON. Late responses cannot be accepted.
- Pick up will be at iCademy on FRIDAY from 11:00 – 11:15am
- Please contact Ms. Stacy at email@example.com with questions.
JOHN BALL ZOO DAY – ICADEMY K-12TH – TICKET SALES OPEN ON JUNE 2ND
Join us on June 10th for some outdoor fun at John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids. All families of students in grades K – 12th are invited to attend.
Here’s how it works – because of limited space and safety precautions, families need to reserve their family’s tickets and times on the John Ball Zoo website, https://www.jbzoo.org/. Tickets will be sent electronically and you are all set to go. iCademy Staff will be there from 10am-12pm with some student prizes – but more to come on that! If you have a pass or discounts please use them!
Sign up so we know who to be on the lookout for at the zoo: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4eafa629a3f85-zooday
OLD INFORMATION (In Case You Missed It =)
Our very own Valedictorian, Teyah, was highlighted by the Michigan Charter Schools organization. You can read all about it HERE. Congrats to Teyah and all of our iCademy Graduates! We will be celebrating the Class of 2021 at Holland Civic Center on Monday, June 7th @6pm.
REMINDER…END OF SEMESTER
All 2nd semester coursework must be completed by 11:59pm on Thursday, June 17th.
Please plan on popping by on Friday, June 18th. Choose 11am – 1pm or 5pm – 7pm. If your family will be unable to make it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, asap, to arrange an alternate time for drop off.
SUMMER SCHOOL FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Are you or your family trying to eat healthier? Do you like a good game of BINGO? Now you can do both at once! Ottawa Food is sponsoring a free, community-wide BINGO game to help people eat healthier and explore our local farmer’s markets. The game, which will take place from May 17 to September 17, includes family-friendly activities as well as the chance to win a farmers market gift certificate! Visit Ottawafood.org/healthyeatingbingo for more details.
Ottawa Food Wants to Hear from You!
Ottawa Food is a collaboration of local agencies and individuals that exists to ensure that all people living in Ottawa County have access to healthy, local, and affordable food choices. We’re conducting a Community Food Survey to gather input on food-related issues in Ottawa County. By completing this survey, you’ll help identify priority areas that Ottawa Food should address over the next 3 years. If you’re 18 or older and live in Ottawa County, please visit http://bit.ly/CommunityFood2021 to participate in the survey by May 31, 2021. Survey participants can enter to win a $50 Meijer Gift Card
iCADEMY FAMILY CALENDAR FOR 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR
Please take note of the important dates, below:
June 17th – End of Semester – All coursework due by 11:59pm
June 18th – Device Return Day – Choose to return your device between 11am – 1pm or 5pm – 7pm.
- 2-1-1: This service provides access to food, health, mental health, and various other needs. For assistance, call 2-1-1 on your mobile phone or dial 877-211-5253. Texting is available by texting your zip code to 898211. To access online, go to www.call-211.org.
- NOT LOCAL? LOOKING FOR FREE MEALS FOR YOUR FAMILY?
- Contact your local ISD: If you are out of range, but would like to take advantage of the week’s worth of free meals for your children, please connect with your local Intermediate School District for information on receiving free meals. As long as your local ISD has a virtual school program, you can qualify for free meals.
- Meet UP and Eat UP: This is another incredible program (sponsored by the United Way) providing meals for families throughout Michigan. Please view the interactive map HERE for more information on food distribution near you.
- COVID-19 DASHBOARD FOR iCADEMY: iCademy Global will share updated COVID-19 data each Monday afternoon. Due to HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) laws, no personal information will be shared. When iCademy receives communication of a positive case, we will notify the county health department who traces and directly connects with those in close contact of the positive case. iCademy will notify the school family of the case and the actions taking place as necessary. https://icademyglobal.org/covid-19-dashboard/
- Engagement & Attendance: In a traditional brick and mortar school when students show up for the day or for a class, the teacher takes attendance and that is submitted to the State of Michigan. At a virtual school like iCademy Global, three factors play a role in engagement and attendance. Two-way communication, participation in Live Lessons/check-in with Mentors and adequate time and progress lets us know that you are engaged in your school work and are counted as being present at iCademy Global. When a student is not meeting the expectations, they are flagged as being absent.
- Truancy: In order to meet the state expectation of 1098 hours engaged in coursework each year, it is required that iCademy Global students spend an average of 420 minutes per day doing school work – Monday through Friday. In many cases, absences from school are unavoidable due to health problems or other circumstances. However, chronic absenteeism can have a drastic impact on your child’s education. Children chronically absent in kindergarten and first grade are much less likely to learn to read by the end of third grade. By sixth grade, chronic absence is a proven early warning sign of drop-out. By ninth grade, good attendance can predict graduation even better than eighth grade test scores.
When we see that a student is not completing his/her coursework within the coursework and/or participating in required Live Lessons, not attending mentor meetings or lacking in two-way communication, parent/guardian will be contacted via an attendance letter indicating multiple absences and requesting a virtual meeting to create a personalized Learning Plan. Parents are a huge player in the success of the students as well. Parents will be required to walk alongside the student for accountability purposes to ensure success. If a student does not adhere to the personalized Learning Plan, the Learning Team will begin the Truancy process which may result as a formal file to Truancy through the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- Master Staff Contact List: To contact any staff member, please reference this updated master staff contact list. Thank you!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at email@example.com to be added.
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG). You can even request to join the iCademy Global Parents Facebook page!
- June 7th – High School Graduation
- June 17th – All coursework due at 11:59pm
- June 18th – Device Return day – Choose 11am – 1pm or 5pm – 7pm
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule A
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule B
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LINCOLN LEARNING LOG-IN TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-990-6637