All 2nd semester coursework must be completed by 11:59pm on Thursday, June 17th.
Device return will be Friday, June 18th. Choose 11am – 1pm or 5pm – 7pm.
Thank you to everyone who donated items for our Sole Sister Community Kindness Project! The girls were able to pack over 660 snack bags for Hand 2 Hand during their running relay!
SUMMER SCHOOL FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
8TH GRADE VIRTUAL GRADUATION – JUNE 8TH
Mark your calendars to join us for our virtual 8th Grade graduation to be held on June 8th at 6:30pm! If you child is not a middle schooler, but you wish to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the link to view.
BREAKFAST/LUNCH SIGN UP/PICK UP – MAY 28th – PLEASE NOTE CHANGES
Going forward, in person students at Innocademy will be able to pick up 3 days worth of breakfast/lunches due to our summer schedule. Students who are 100% virtual at Innocademy or who attend iCademy Global are able to receive 5 days worth of breakfasts/lunches.
Please also note that the orders must be placed no later than MONDAYS BY NOON.
Pick up time has also changed to be on FRIDAY FROM 11-11:15AM.
- THIS SIGN UP is open for next week’s breakfast/lunches for our families with students who are virtual learners. 5 days of lunches and breakfasts available for each kiddo 18 and under.
- Deadline for sign-up are MONDAYS AT NOON. Late responses cannot be accepted.
- Pick up will be at iCademy on FRIDAY from 11:00 – 11:15am
- Please contact Ms. Stacy at email@example.com with questions.
JOHN BALL ZOO DAY – ICADEMY K-12TH
Join us on June 10th for some outdoor fun at John Ball Zoo in Grand Rapids. All families of students in grades K – 12th are invited to attend.
Here’s how it works – because of limited space and safety precautions, families need to reserve their family’s tickets and times on the John Ball Zoo website, https://www.jbzoo.org/. Tickets will be sent electronically and you are all set to go. iCademy Staff will be there from 10am-12pm with some student prizes – but more to come on that! If you have a pass or discounts please use them!
Sign up so we know who to be on the lookout for at the zoo: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4eafa629a3f85-zooday
OLD INFORMATION (In Case You Missed It =)
IS IT COVID? IS IT ALLERGIES? THIS MAY HELP…
Are you or your family trying to eat healthier? Do you like a good game of BINGO? Now you can do both at once! Ottawa Food is sponsoring a free, community-wide BINGO game to help people eat healthier and explore our local farmer’s markets. The game, which will take place from May 17 to September 17, includes family-friendly activities as well as the chance to win a farmers market gift certificate! Visit Ottawafood.org/healthyeatingbingo for more details.
Ottawa Food Wants to Hear from You!
Ottawa Food is a collaboration of local agencies and individuals that exists to ensure that all people living in Ottawa County have access to healthy, local, and affordable food choices. We’re conducting a Community Food Survey to gather input on food-related issues in Ottawa County. By completing this survey, you’ll help identify priority areas that Ottawa Food should address over the next 3 years. If you’re 18 or older and live in Ottawa County, please visit http://bit.ly/CommunityFood2021 to participate in the survey by May 31, 2021. Survey participants can enter to win a $50 Meijer Gift Card!
CAREERLINE TECH CENTER SUMMER CAMP OPPORTUNITIES – STUDENTS IN GRADES K-12TH
The Careerline Tech Center Career Summer Camps are open, and there are opportunities for students K-12! Visit: https://webapp.oaisd.org/CareerCampEnrollment/ for more information and see a short description below for open camps. Sign up today!
Open to all current K through 5th students
IChallengeUjr is a four-day program that gives students the opportunity to work with local community partners to create a solution to a design challenge. At the end of the program, students will present their solution to a panel for feedback.
For girls completing 7th, 8th or 9th grade
Explore the outdoors and connect with other students like you! In this female-led class you’ll kayak, hike, bike, and climb with industry mentors and explore careers in parks and recreation, the bike industry, manufacturing and more. This empowering class will show you how to make a career out of your passion.
Open to all current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students
Current 6th-8th grade students will partner with a local business and be immersed in the company for 1 week. Teams will work together, using our Design Thinking Process, to solve a real challenge facing their business partner. While doing this, they will get to explore various careers, develop their 21st Century Skills and meet new people. Lunch and snacks are included in the program.
Open to all current 9th to 12th grade students
Current 9th-12th grade students will partner with a local business and be immersed in the company for 2 weeks. Teams will work together, using our Design Thinking Process, to solve a real challenge facing their business partner. While doing this, they will get to explore various careers, develop their 21st Century Skills and compete to win scholarship money. Lunch and snacks are included in the program.
DAYCARE STAFF NEEDED AT HOMESTEAD CAMPUS
We are looking for someone to join our Daycare Team. This position would work 2-3 days per week. Generally speaking, the staff daycare is open on days school is in session as well as staff Professional Development days. The Daycare team provides care to our staff’s children. The kids range from 12 weeks old to 5 years old. Providing a nurturing environment for these little ones while mom/dad is working is the key to this role. Responsibilities include caring for kids, feeding them, bringing them outside for playtime, etc.
Please email Sara in Human Resources if you are interested in more information on this position – her email is firstname.lastname@example.org
iCADEMY FAMILY CALENDAR FOR 21-22 SCHOOL YEAR
Please take note of the important dates, below:
May 28th – Last day for Seniors. All semester coursework and requirements must be met for graduation.
June 17th – End of Semester – All coursework due by 11:59pm
June 18th – Device Return Day – Choose to return your device between 11am – 1pm or 5pm – 7pm.
COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION
For those hoping to receive the Covid-19 Vaccination, you may learn more about when you are able to receive the vaccination as well as how to schedule an appointment when the time comes. Please visit THIS LINK .
COVID POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS?
In the event your child receives a positive COVID diagnosis, please make sure to contact us, immediately. We must continue to update the COVID transparency page on our website and be able to work with the health department in their contact tracing efforts.
CAMPUS VISIT BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
If you need to visit campus in order to exchange a device or charging cord, please make an appointment with your mentor as there may not be someone on campus readily available to help you without an appointment.
- IMPORTANT LUNCH INFORMATION: Being a virtual school it seems a silly request, but if you have not yet filled out a free/reduced lunch application at lunchapp.com, please do so prior to Thanksgiving break. You will select HOLLAND CHRISTIAN as the district as they are our food service provider.
Even if you think you may not qualify, our school receives credit for each form submitted. What is “credit”? Having our families complete these forms allows us to participate in grant opportunities and funding that directly impacts student learning and academic support. Not only that, but should there be another time where schools are not in session, if your family DOES qualify for benefits of any sort, you will be sent an EBT card in the mail to be able to assist with purchasing food for your family. If you end up qualifying and do not wish to take advantage of any benefits associated with the program, you do not have to participate.
- 2-1-1: This service provides access to food, health, mental health, and various other needs. For assistance, call 2-1-1 on your mobile phone or dial 877-211-5253. Texting is available by texting your zip code to 898211. To access online, go to www.call-211.org.
- NOT LOCAL? LOOKING FOR FREE MEALS FOR YOUR FAMILY?
- Contact your local ISD: If you are out of range, but would like to take advantage of the week’s worth of free meals for your children, please connect with your local Intermediate School District for information on receiving free meals. As long as your local ISD has a virtual school program, you can qualify for free meals.
- Meet UP and Eat UP: This is another incredible program (sponsored by the United Way) providing meals for families throughout Michigan. Please view the interactive map HERE for more information on food distribution near you.
- COVID-19 DASHBOARD FOR iCADEMY: iCademy Global will share updated COVID-19 data each Monday afternoon. Due to HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) laws, no personal information will be shared. When iCademy receives communication of a positive case, we will notify the county health department who traces and directly connects with those in close contact of the positive case. iCademy will notify the school family of the case and the actions taking place as necessary. https://icademyglobal.org/covid-19-dashboard/
- Engagement & Attendance: In a traditional brick and mortar school when students show up for the day or for a class, the teacher takes attendance and that is submitted to the State of Michigan. At a virtual school like iCademy Global, three factors play a role in engagement and attendance. Two-way communication, participation in Live Lessons/check-in with Mentors and adequate time and progress lets us know that you are engaged in your school work and are counted as being present at iCademy Global. When a student is not meeting the expectations, they are flagged as being absent.
- Truancy: In order to meet the state expectation of 1098 hours engaged in coursework each year, it is required that iCademy Global students spend an average of 420 minutes per day doing school work – Monday through Friday. In many cases, absences from school are unavoidable due to health problems or other circumstances. However, chronic absenteeism can have a drastic impact on your child’s education. Children chronically absent in kindergarten and first grade are much less likely to learn to read by the end of third grade. By sixth grade, chronic absence is a proven early warning sign of drop-out. By ninth grade, good attendance can predict graduation even better than eighth grade test scores.
When we see that a student is not completing his/her coursework within the coursework and/or participating in required Live Lessons, not attending mentor meetings or lacking in two-way communication, parent/guardian will be contacted via an attendance letter indicating multiple absences and requesting a virtual meeting to create a personalized Learning Plan. Parents are a huge player in the success of the students as well. Parents will be required to walk alongside the student for accountability purposes to ensure success. If a student does not adhere to the personalized Learning Plan, the Learning Team will begin the Truancy process which may result as a formal file to Truancy through the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
- Got Questions? We’ve got answers! Whenever you have questions, big or small, we are here to answer them! Your first point of contact for all questions is your child’s MENTOR. Can’t remember who that is? When your child is logged-in to their Student Portal (https://portal.icademyglobal.org) with their Microsoft 365 credentials, their Student Dashboard has their mentor’s contact information. The quickest way to reach your child’s mentor is for the student to connect with them in Zoom. From there, they can direct you to the right place if they personally can’t answer your questions.
- Master Staff Contact List: To contact any staff member, please reference this updated master staff contact list. Thank you!
- Email List: Do you have another family member you would like added to our email list for school-wide communication? If so, please contact Ms. Leisa Lobbezoo at email@example.com to be added.
- Follow Us on Facebook & Instagram! We love to keep you connected to the iCademy community on our Facebook & Instagram pages. If you haven’t already done so, follow us today! @icademyvirtual (FB), @icademyelementary (FB), @icademyvirtual (IG), @icademyelementary (IG). You can even request to join the iCademy Global Parents Facebook page!
- June 7th – High School Graduation
Important iCademy Resources:
- 2020-2021 iCademy Family Calendar
- 2020-2021 K5 Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule A
- 2020-2021 MS Live Lesson Schedule B
- 2020-2021 HS Live Lesson Schedule
- 2020-2021 iCademy Elementary K5 Synergy Session Calendar
- VECTOR TECH SUPPORT: Have a tech issue with your child’s computer? Please contact Vector Tech Support at 1-866-629-8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LINCOLN LEARNING LOG-IN TECH SUPPORT: 1-866-990-6637